Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Ali Will Be Finalized This Week, Confirms Golden Boy Prez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Can Cotto still make 147?
    The fight is taking place at junior middleweight. Ali is moving up to 154

Comment

Originally posted by spn1025 View Post
      booo.. I was hoping for Cotto-Margacheato 3.
      this nobody ali is better then margarito is now. marg got beat in last fight bad and somehow won a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
        This is seriously weak from cotto. What's the point?
        if cotto fought the ring girl it would be better get to see t i ts bounce around and some good a s s shots

Comment

I don't believe for a moment this is Cotto's last fight. If so it just doesn't make sense to me. No big money fights were really out there for this self imposed Dec deadline Cotto wanted. He has more options and bigger money fights if he waits next year. Try and land Canelo or GGG. I think he will say it's the last fight to sell tickets and then next year will come out of retirement for 1 last big payday.

Comment

cotto going out with a whimper close the door on your way out miguel and dont come back.

Comment

Sadam Ali? Really? One more chance to see Mrs. Cotto stand out in the crowd! Best wishes to the Cotto family! NY, PR, STAND UP!

Comment

Not the fight most fans wanted or expected, but I have to wonder how many potential opponents were really available for December. Apparently, Cotto wanted an Alvarez rematch but it couldn't be done. A fight was also offered to Danny and Mikey Garcia, as well as Jessie Vargas, but a deal couldn't be made. We heard Mikey's side of it (not wanting to sign with GBP), but it would be interesting to hear why Danny or Jessie couldn't be made. I always thought Cotto/Danny Garcia would be a great fight at 154 or even a 150 lb. CW. But, Danny doesn't seem to want any real challenges, doesn't want to risk a back-to-back loss.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  This is really a nothing fight and a who cares fight... just left Cotto go away, he doesn't matter anymore... I'm suspecting they weren't offering enough money to the Elite name Fighters which is why they all turned him down...
                  I don't think finding elite fighters is the problem it's the date. It's less then 2 months away hard to get a big name wrapped up when you working with such a short deadline. Cotto should of just moved the retirement date to 2018. He was banking on getting either Canelo or GGG to fight him in Dec. But that's not happening. Cotto looked really good his last fight showed little to no rust. If he wins and looks good against Ali there will be many big fight options for him in 2018 and I can't see him turning them down.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    Cotto is cheating himself by taking this fight. He fought 12 hard rounds without slowing down against a game opponent - he should aim for greatness...
                    I thought this. It’s not like he looked dreadful last time out or even lost - for what it was worth he looked decent. He really should have shot for something long lasting here but instead he’s gone a route that only fuels the arguments of those that claim he doesn’t really matter anymore.

Shame, really.

Comment

Cotto-Margarito 3 was better than this crap. I am Puerto Rican and Cotto went out like a fish. SMFH.

Comment

Working...
                      X