No announcement yet.

If Broner looks sensational vs Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Broner looks sensational vs Malignaggi

Surely the drum will beat for Mayweather vs Broner next year? I mean there is no one really left for Floyd to fight if he takes care of Canelo in September.

Meh...But it's Paulie. Khan looked sensational against Paulie too. And he fought a better version of him.

Let him look sensational against the winner of the 140 pound tournament. Then maybe we can talk.

Comment

I see no challengers for Floyd right now though, that's the only problem. And he isn't getting younger.

Comment

After Paulie lets see Broner vs Khan, he looks like a KO artist, and then sell it like Khan and paulie were amazing so we can see them fight for our entertainment

Comment

Cano also looked great compared to Malignaggi. Right now I think Broner just wants the trinket as a setup for Floyd. Which is fine I guess. A Floyd vs Adrien fight I would buy, even if he avoided Pauli.

Comment

If he beats Paulie in a sensational manner, and chooses to stay at 147 and beats someone else worthy of note then people will probably start to call for that fight.

But you have to look at it from Al Haymon and Golden Boy's perspective since they manage both. By then Broner would be a household name or very close to one. The fight itself (PPV) would be quite the event, the buildup I assume would be decent as long as they don't kiss each other's asses like Broner has been doing. The issue is that Broner would lose, and they're essentially using Broner to replace Floyd since he's almost out of the sport. The shtick requires that you are undefeated, and with Broner taking a loss to Floyd I'm not sure if that's their intentions.

Broner, Floyd, Haymon, Golden Boy, and Showtime get paid good, but Broner takes a loss which means Broner's stock takes a hit. I don't know if the hit will be minimal or not.
            Last edited by thuggery; 05-08-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

That fight could happen and it would be another easy win for Floyd in my opinion. I am sure Floyd will not fight Canelo. His father wants him to fight Garcia. Floyd has said he was going to fight Alexander before the Guerrero fight was final. No fighter is likely to pass up a big money fight with Mayweather. If they are offered the fight they will cancel any fights they were going to have unless they can't get out of a signed contract. If Broner looks great beating Paulie he has a very good chance to fight Floyd in September. I think Alexander, Garcia or Broner will be Floyd's September opponent.

Comment

If Broner looks great against Paulie, we should dub him (goat) and roll out the red carpet and all talk about how in awe of his skill we are. Call him pfp number 2 right behind Ward and drop everyone else down the list immediately to accommodate him.

Comment

i hope so i want broners daddy to school him.

Comment

I don't see Broner fighting Floyd unless there's some sort of falling out between Broner and Floyd or Broner and Haymon, etc.

I'm sure they much rather have Floyd knock off lesser competitors like Khan or even a Berto...if he gets back in the win column

Comment

Working...
                    X