Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimbo Slice vs Shane Tilyard Full Fight (Both get rocked)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what? I find this disgraceful. This piece of **** bum, club fighter is getting paid more than real world champions. Fine, if it was on the undercard of FNF or whatever, but here?

They found Tilyard when he sent his own tape in asking for the fight. That's how Kimbo used to get fights on youtube!!! 6 wins and 6 losses, unranked and in a 4 rounder and he's the top billing on the undercard, and Kimbo getting paid more money and getting more exposure than world champions.

This is that BS youtube stuff, getting bums to fight, on a slightly grander scale. I cannot believe our sport endorses this ****. It's bad enough UFC jumping onboard, but boxing too? Tilyard is not even a journeyman. Clearly he didn't do any more training than his usual i.e. go to work, go home and get drunk. Next day, go to work, stop by the gym briefly maybe, hit the heavybag for 4 rounds, have some beers with the boys and piss off home. Next day, go to work, think about going to gym, decide to get drunk instead and stop off at Macca's on way to bottle shop. Rinse and repeat.

Tilyard threw five wild swings and was utterly done for. Sadly, those five wild swings all hit Kimbo and nearly knocked his piece of **** arse out.

Fun to watch, but christ that's disrespectful to real boxers who actually earn those TV spots and don't get them while some ****ing hack against another complete hack slides in there. Can you imagine what some of the boxers who struggle are thinking when they watch/hear about this?

Comment

I miss butterbean.

Comment

Tilyard was in disgusting shape. I have never seen a body with 0% muscle mass.

Comment

They are not working on the right things they are just trying to boost his current strengths by tweaking and excelling those particular strengths but they are not creating new ones, he should be ferociously training for stamina and conditioning first, they should worry about him comfortably being able to even go 4 rounds and not lose a fight because he didn't have the conditioning.

If Kimbo had a good jab, good conditioning and a better grasp on defense I would be 110% sold on him, he's strong and and is willing to bang so he has heart but until he makes necessary changes he will keep getting tested against competition literally not even ranked. he needs a strength and conditioning coach quick and it has to be a good one, not one that will shoot PED's up his ass but one who can revamp his whole lifestyle and boost his conditioning big time.

He has good potential, he has John David Jackson in his corner, Gary Shaw promoting and he has a good enough following so all he has to do is work on his conditioning and technique, not so much easily timed side to side head movement he needs to fix that and also keep a closer eye on defense while on offense, I'm not saying become Winky Wright behind a high guard I'm just saying if you initiating offense keep the hand you don't punch with in a position where you can still defend with it, which if you notice in this fight he didn't.

Comment

Kimbo vs. Haye - FOTY, make it happen

Comment

This was way better than the main event lol.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
                They are not working on the right things they are just trying to boost his current strengths by tweaking and excelling those particular strengths but they are not creating new ones, he should be ferociously training for stamina and conditioning first, they should worry about him comfortably being able to even go 4 rounds and not lose a fight because he didn't have the conditioning.

If Kimbo had a good jab, good conditioning and a better grasp on defense I would be 110% sold on him, he's strong and and is willing to bang so he has heart but until he makes necessary changes he will keep getting tested against competition literally not even ranked. he needs a strength and conditioning coach quick and it has to be a good one, not one that will shoot PED's up his ass but one who can revamp his whole lifestyle and boost his conditioning big time.

He has good potential, he has John David Jackson in his corner, Gary Shaw promoting and he has a good enough following so all he has to do is work on his conditioning and technique, not so much easily timed side to side head movement he needs to fix that and also keep a closer eye on defense while on offense, I'm not saying become Winky Wright behind a high guard I'm just saying if you initiating offense keep the hand you don't punch with in a position where you can still defend with it, which if you notice in this fight he didn't.

I can't believe you wasted your time typing out this horse crap.

Slice is a 40 year old nobody who will never learn to box properly. This analysis is preposterous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  I can't believe you wasted your time typing out this horse crap.

Slice is a 40 year old nobody who will never learn to box properly. This analysis is preposterous.
                  I agree with what you say, kimbo is only a circus act and there is no way of changing that.

Even if kimbo had the best trainer in the history of boxing he still wouldnt be able to be a real boxer, its way too late.

Comment

Get kimbo some head movement and stamina and he can at least make it to friday night fights

Comment

People hating Kimbo, and claiming his lack of competition, is pathetic. This is a almost 40 year old man, and you expect him to fight contenders in less than 10 pro fights, with no amateur back round what so ever. A bunch of hypocrites.

Rigo hasnt faught enough to have a title and get a big fight in 10 pro fights, yet you want Kimbo slice to fight contenders in less than 10. Wow. Shows how much knowledge of how boxing works here on NSB.

Conditioning, Footwork, Head Work, and a better grasp on defense; Kimbo could be a much more fun boxer to watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X