No announcement yet.

Dissapointment Round 3, Why we got ****ed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissapointment Round 3, Why we got ****ed

The game is out to all the reviewers. Fight Night fans everywhere are counting down the days, looking at screenshots and one minuete videos overanalayzing everything. Some even pre-ordering the game, making the screenshots their computer desktop background, OR EVEN buying XBOX 360 just to play the game. Stockpiles are piling up in video games store backrooms preparing for the games release.

And the verdict from the game critics is coming in and its unanimous. Everyone loves it.

So why did we get ****ed?

Everyone loves this game because it is the first game that graphically has fully utilized the new platforms of XBox 360 or PS3. The love the pretty faces turning ugly, they love the blood dripping the love the control and screen shake as their boxers get knocked out.

They don't know who James Toney is let alone Winky Wright. Their favorite boxer is still Muhammad Ali, and no it doesn't bother them if Frazier fights as a south paw in the game.

The truth is although this game is amazing to look at, it was not made for us. Real Boxing fans will be disappointed again.

The game was made for the same people all games are made for 8-18 yr olds who care more about who the XBOX LIVE flyweight champion of the world is then the real one.

If you can get past this (get past actual boxing) I mean, this will probably be the best game you have ever seen. But if you are like me, and get pissed off everytime they show the corner in between rounds while your playing as Ali, and your cornerman isn't Angelo Dundee well then I think your looking at Dissapointment Round 3, not fightnight round 3.

-JoeBoxer

Lol…long description their but you know they cant get everything right! Look we still have years, decades to make better feature this is just the next step in graphical gamming…

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
      The game is out to all the reviewers. Fight Night fans everywhere are counting down the days, looking at screenshots and one minuete videos overanalayzing everything. Some even pre-ordering the game, making the screenshots their computer desktop background, OR EVEN buying XBOX 360 just to play the game. Stockpiles are piling up in video games store backrooms preparing for the games release.

And the verdict from the game critics is coming in and its unanimous. Everyone loves it.

So why did we get ****ed?

Everyone loves this game because it is the first game that graphically has fully utilized the new platforms of XBox 360 or PS3. The love the pretty faces turning ugly, they love the blood dripping the love the control and screen shake as their boxers get knocked out.

They don't know who James Toney is let alone Winky Wright. Their favorite boxer is still Muhammad Ali, and no it doesn't bother them if Frazier fights as a south paw in the game.

The truth is although this game is amazing to look at, it was not made for us. Real Boxing fans will be disappointed again.

The game was made for the same people all games are made for 8-18 yr olds who care more about who the XBOX LIVE flyweight champion of the world is then the real one.

If you can get past this (get past actual boxing) I mean, this will probably be the best game you have ever seen. But if you are like me, and get pissed off everytime they show the corner in between rounds while your playing as Ali, and your cornerman isn't Angelo Dundee well then I think your looking at Dissapointment Round 3, not fightnight round 3.

-JoeBoxer

o come on, will youe really be disappointed if the trainers or managers arent right?i mean, i love games that r realistic, but that is a step to far. and wat else is there?wat else is bad about it? as far ass my eye can see thats the only SPECIFIC bad thing ur saying.

Comment

I just want to know the full roster of what boxers are going to be in the game thats all

Comment

Originally posted by LS-Injection
          Lol…long description their but you know they cant get everything right! Look we still have years, decades to make better feature this is just the next step in graphical gamming…
          yeah anyways its only gonna be Ł40 not a grand lol

Comment

Since when has EA really targeted real sports fans? Lets give EA some credict FN is going in the right direction.

Comment

You can switch stances now, so if it bothers you so much that Fraizer starts as a southpaw, switch him to orthodox right away at the start of each round.

Also, it did bother me in the other games that Fraizer fought like that.

It also pisses me off that they NEVER go to decision. I've had over 1000 matches in that game, against various people and the computer, and not ONCE have I gone to decision in a 12 round fight.. NOT ONCE. It ALWAYS ends in a KO. I just want to be forced into a decision for once. Something where it's really epic. Like, I'm about to go down at the end of the tenth, and it's looking really bad in the 11th. But somehow I catch my wind in the 12th and I finish strong winning the fight.

I want some REAL ****ing one punch KO's, not this lucky **** that happens once every ten-thousand matches. Something where I catch the guy just right and he's out cold, not some gay **** where he goes down for three seconds and springs back up. Toney-Nunn comes to mind when I mention that. Toney was finished, he was absolutely going to lose that fight, and then BAM, he KO's Nunn. No, it wasn't exactly a one-punch thing, they were both exhausted, but there was no getting up for Michael Nunn. I want to be fighting and then just get that lucky punch now and again where the guy just drops.

I want the parry to be a little less ridiculous. I've never seen a guy get parried and then drop his arm and just stand there like a ****** while his opponent hits him with five uppercuts. That's another thing, I've never seen a guy take five hard uppercuts flush with his ****ing guard down.

I want them to stop fights more often. My opponent should not have a busted nose, cuts above both eyes, and blood coming out of the mouth for the fight to be stopped. If I'm just pound a guy in the corner for two minutes of the match, it should be stopped, regardless of whether or not I'm hurting him too terribly. I've seen fights get stopped several times where it's clear the other guy has no chance of winning this fight, and rather than continue to risk the POSSIBILITY of a permanent injury, it's called off.

With that all said, I'm excited for Round 3, just for the graphics, and hopes of going a full 12 rounds against someone.

I must say, though. I did once have an epic fight in which I lost the first seven rounds, hands down, but I was wearing my opponent out. I think I had been knocked down at one point, as well. I knocked him down in the eighth and ninth then KO'ed him in the tenth. It was the only good fight I've ever had on any of the games. I had to drop down to Jr. Middleweight, and then jump right into Lightheavy weight for that to happen, though. I didn't have enough power for the fight, so I couldn't put him out early, as I did the rest of the time. The rest of my fights have been utter dominations by me. Man... that was a really good match, I wish I could recreate it.

That's another thing, it shouldn't be so easy to make your fighter so dominant. Here's the key guys: Put your power up all the way and keep fighting in the lower ranks until you get your speed up = guaranteed wins EVERY time. It's horse ****.

Originally posted by Undefeated
              I just want to know the full roster of what boxers are going to be in the game thats all
              I don't think they've really added that many guys to the roster.

Comment

How the **** can they not fix that? How can they not notice that one of the greatest heavyweights of all time isn't even standing in the correct stance? What the **** is wrong with these people? Can someone confirm that this is correct and they have indeed ****ed up and put Frazier as a southpaw again?

Comment

A better question is why does some rinky dink anime boxing game that barely sold 50K in the US capture styles so much better then Fight Night. If Fight Night captured styles as well as Victorious Boxers it would be EAs best sports game by a country mile. It already looks the best. Also after playing the 360 demo why do they still continue to treat clinching like foul. Clinching is only a foul if you initiate it and do it it round after round. The game treats clinching like low blows.

Comment

Working...
                  X