Collapse
No announcement yet.

**San Antonio Spurs thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping that the spurs dont get the injury bug.. just love how the spurs winning pisses off a lot of people I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
      The short seasons seem to help older teams.
      the celtics would like that..

Comment

Hopefully everyone stays injury free the entire season.

Comment

To combat fatigue in the tough schedule the Spurs will be wearing socks.

Spurs fight fatigue with socks

Along with all the other minutiae involved in hopping on a short flight to Houston right after last night’s 115-90 win over the Los Angeles Clippers, Spurs players did something they always do, and yet haven’t done before. They put on some socks.

“Big deal,” you might say, “It’s December, they should always wear socks.” This is true, and I’m not even going to go into the hygiene aspects involved in not wearing that thin piece of cloth between your feet and shoes, especially after a professional basketball game. No, these socks are a little different.

From the organization that brought you the Training Bro (not its actual name), comes the 2XU Compression Socks (their actual name). According to its website, 2XU Compression Socks are designed to aid in recovery from strenuous athletic activity, like, you know, playing an NBA game.

2XU’s graduated compression technology boasts regulated pressure throughout all garments to deliver performance benefits during and post exercise. By enhancing circulation through increased venous function, more oxygenated blood is delivered to the muscles that need it most. At the same time, by-products created by exercise, such as lactic acid, are flushed from the muscles to reduce fatigue and decrease recovery time.

Deep Vein Thrombosis is a condition that mainly affects the lower body and is associated with long periods of travel or inactivity. 2XU Compression garments enhance blood flow in these areas through enhanced venous return, reducing the risk of DVT.
          Every player that I saw dressing last night was rolling up these pairs of socks, that go about knee high, before they hopped on the team bus to the airport. Matt Bonner told me after the game that the team instructed the players to wear them to help with circulation on the high elevation of the team flight. Bonner seemed unclear how often the would be wearing these socks, but said that they would wear them definitely when traveling after the first night of a back-to-back.

Who knows if these socks will help the Spurs stay a little fresher for tonight’s game against the Rockets. If anything, it’s so early in the season that it may not matter and the team might not see the effects of wearing them until later in the schedule. Maybe it’s another placebo effect. But they’re just socks, so it can’t hurt, right?

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/spurs...gue-with-socks

Comment

faaaaawwwwwwwwkkkk!!!!!!!! manu fractured his shooting hand

their ****ed...

Comment

and they lost just to top it off.....any body no how too tie a noose

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                faaaaawwwwwwwwkkkk!!!!!!!! manu fractured his shooting hand

their ****ed...
                hahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                  hahahahahahaha
                  the only thing thats funny is the knicks defense

Comment

and they lost just to top it off.....any body no how too tie a noose
                    i don't but i can teach you how to jump off a cliff.

Comment

the only thing thats funny is the knicks defense
                      There is nothing funny about that

Comment

Working...
                      X