Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What event, or non event, can cause each and every one of us, to look out for eachoth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I win you lose?
    I defeated you so you have no voice?
    Because I defeated you on the field of battle, I own you!
    Because my land got stolen by invaders, I’ll invade lands occupied by weaker peoples!

The indigenous people were savages and we had to take their lands!

The actual owners were evicted after losing a few battles and a war, I owe the actual owners nothing.

Send them back, although I myself trace my lineage to people who were never invited, overstayed their welcome, and falsely believed the lands between seas and islands are there for the taking!

I don’t even understand why I’m writing this drivel. But it isn’t factually inaccurate.
    If theres a fire

If theres an earth quake

If there is some disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I think the solution is first finding a way to prevent people from lying to themselves.

Humanity has never solved this problem, and won't be able to without assistance. I think technology will be able to help. The use of AI, possibly supplemented by the use of fMRI machines, will help people see when their own brains are deceiving them, and may help train them to be fully truthful to themselves.

Then people won't be able to make up crappy excuses to be bad to each other.
      For sure. It is amazing how people, sometimes unconsciously and sometimes semi-consciously, ignore certain truths about themselves that would be too painful or straining to have to address.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
        If theres a fire

If theres an earth quake

If there is some disaster
        Call on human beings to do what is needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          I agree wholeheartedly, yet I have no clue on implementation.

CUrrently, I get paid to bring other peoples dreams to fruition!
          I'm sure that your engineering mind has already thought up some possibilities.

We might even already have the level of tech needed to treat people individually. It would be expensive to develop, and very inconvenient to go through the process. Being subject to a fMRI machine isn't cheap or easy I don't think.

Yet I would hope that via some kind of training, a patient could have a couple of sessions with an fMRI, while an AI assistant learns about that person's patterns of self deception.
          Then while they are away from the fMRI, the AI assistant could keep track of them and assist them to keep truthful - through their mobile phone - which would be pretty convenient I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            I'm sure that your engineering mind has already thought up some possibilities.

We might even already have the level of tech needed to treat people individually. It would be expensive to develop, and very inconvenient to go through the process. Being subject to a fMRI machine isn't cheap or easy I don't think.

Yet I would hope that via some kind of training, a patient could have a couple of sessions with an fMRI, while an AI assistant learns about that person's patterns of self deception.
            Then while they are away from the fMRI, the AI assistant could keep track of them and assist them to keep truthful - through their mobile phone - which would be pretty convenient I think.
            That is actually, an experiment waiting to happen! I wonder if it hasn’t happened somewhere already.

Many hospitals have MRI, and eventually the cost of owning one will go down significantly! That would be a great experiment to implement.

Comment

if an advanced alien race from another star system invaded earth and started kidnapping people and killing and destroying countries then people, white, black, brown, etc. would finally look at each other as brothers and sisters truly, and would defend eachother.

Its never gonna happen tho but thats what it would take I think

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                if an advanced alien race from another star system invaded earth and started kidnapping people and killing and destroying countries then people, white, black, brown, etc. would finally look at each other as brothers and sisters truly, and would defend eachother.

Its never gonna happen tho but thats what it would take I think
                I just hope, I’m with my people, and I got my guns, and they(aliens) taste good!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I think like Ronald Reagan said back in the day. Some attacking alien force would make all of Earth's people to come together to fight back...think Independence Day with Will Smith. I think anything less doesn't work on a massive scale or has quite the Us vs Them quality to it.

That said I think there will ALWAYS be bottom feeders who loot during natural disasters or people that'll rob from their fellow human in a dire situation. So idk about EVERYONE looking out for EVERYONE cuz some people aren't built like that in harsh &/or dangerous situations & only think of themselves first, rightfully, & last, maybe not so rightfully.
                  People like JimRaynor, Sugar Adam Ali and 1bad65 usually work against their own self interest so I can see them siding with the aliens and saying: They are better than us humans, they reach us first so they are superior to us and deserve to conquer us, look at the technology they that developed, they deserve to conquer us.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    People like JimRaynor, Sugar Adam Ali and 1bad65 usually work against their own self interest so I can see them siding with the aliens and saying: They are better than us humans, they reach us first so they are superior to us and deserve to conquer us, look at the technology they that developed, they deserve to conquer us.
                    I hope you are wrong, and I believe that you might be wrong. I think they would not be easily swayed by aliens with superior technology.

Personally, I’d look first at their war technology, and wonder why/who/when/what created the basis for its creation.

anyone, who seriously looks at the evolution of warfare can understand where I’m going with this.

I would be steady studying aliens, and would be one of the last humans to succum to their presence. In our limited history, when has a militarily superior force ever put down its armaments, and not subjugated the weaker indigenous peoples!

Comment

If the aliens look anything like the guy on the left:

I can see guys like siablo14, Motorcity Cobra or megas30 siding with them and calling them 'their people'.
                      Last edited by Szef; 05-28-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X