No announcement yet.

1st Court Appearance of James Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
    I think pleading for insanity or temporary insanity is out the window considering the methodology and planning he had done prior to the killings. But I understand what you mean, he looks like he's trying too hard to look like he's insane.

exactly. the guy has an understanding of what's going on. he's cold hearted and a murderer, but he understands what he's doing.

that's the premeditated slaughter of people. if you're completely disconnected from reality to the point where you're fading in and out like that you're not going to plan so intricately a scheme to kill people.

was he not a PHD student? if you have no grasp of reality, to the point where you cant understand or prevent yourself from killing so many people with such a degree of premeditation, you've got to figure you can't complete or function with the coursework he would be given.

this bastard wasn't nodding in and out when he was killing people. if the act of killing 12 and wounding over 50 made him crazy then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      you think the death penalty cure murder in other words.
      is it going to cure murder....no
      does this guy deserve to live...no

what do you think his punishment should be....?

Comment

I feel that if you going to have the death penalty, don't ***** foot around it.

If you are judged by a jury of your peers guilty to have committed a crime that warrants a death penalty verdict, then no sense of having tax payers pay 50-60k a year on keeping the scumbag alive while the lawyers file appeal, after appeal.

There is no redeeming value, or rehabilitation for people like this.

You have simply got to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          is it going to cure murder....no
          does this guy deserve to live...no

what do you think his punishment should be....?
          i personally don't believe we have the right, as human beings, to impose the death penalty. it's seems very contradictory to what is preached. not to mention hypocritical.

life in jail. no parole. that could amount to as long as sixty years for a young dude like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
            What he did was appalling but I don't see how killing him is going to balance anything out. And that goes for pretty much any case in which there is talk of the death penalty.

Capital Punishment in itself is completely contradictory. The purpose of punishment is that you are able to learn from something via some sort of process in which you pay for what you did. You can't learn from anything when you're dead. The death penalty is essentially a modern practice of the stupid, ridiculous and flawed Babylonian concept of eye for an eye.

People who actually support it are idiots. Killing a Person for Killing another person, how exactly does that restore balance? Killing people affects other people, it doesn't matter how big of piece of ***** that person is.
            I'm your Huckleberry. We have prisons for two reasons: punishment and rehabilitation. This scumbag is obviously beyond the latter and neither our state nor federal governments are in any position to spend 2 or 3 million feeding, housing and clothing this piece of garbage for the rest of his life.

There isn't any way to restore balance in this instance. But it makes no sense to stuff this dirtbag into an already overcrowded prison system for the rest of his life just to appease the sensibilities of a few lily-livered pansies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
              What he did was appalling but I don't see how killing him is going to balance anything out. And that goes for pretty much any case in which there is talk of the death penalty.

Capital Punishment in itself is completely contradictory. The purpose of punishment is that you are able to learn from something via some sort of process in which you pay for what you did. You can't learn from anything when you're dead. The death penalty is essentially a modern practice of the stupid, ridiculous and flawed Babylonian concept of eye for an eye.

People who actually support it are idiots. Killing a Person for Killing another person, how exactly does that restore balance? Killing people affects other people, it doesn't matter how big of piece of ***** that person is.
              your concept of "balance" is frankly pretty damn trivial. how do you rectify the killing of 12 and the wounding of 50 ? you cannot.

you seen alladin? this will work a lot better if you have. jasmine is caught stealing from an open marketplace and nearly has her hand chopped off.
              why was the hand of a thief cut off? because a hand is worth an apple or two?
              no. it's so people dont / cannot steal. you cant steal without a hand, can you?
              because trade has to exist. a marketplace like that is open to thieves.

why is the hand of the theif cut off? because the marketplace must exist, and there cannot be thieves. they'd cut his hand off in front of everybody to send a message that there can be no thieves.

the function of punishment in society is to establish rules / norms. it's an involved concept, and something that went along with my line of education. it's a can of worms i really dont intend to open at the present, but certainly not someting about which i deserve to be called an idiot. there are plenty of place where i deserve to be called an idiot. this isnt one of them.

i've read books on the subject from foucault to habermas. i met habermas. he's a hair lipped old man and i was 21 years old and ripped to shreds. real talk.

i can assure you that being in favor of killing this man is not something i do idly.

and i can assure you that i'm far from an idiot, or a die hard proponent of the death penalty for that matter.

you've your right to have an opinion on the judgement of this man, just as i have. neither of us have the actual right to judge him.

i hope that he dies and i'm confident that he will.
              Last edited by New England; 07-23-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i hope that he dies and i'm confident that he will.
                how long does one, on average, sit on death row before they are actually killed?

Comment

how long does one, on average, sit on death row before they are actually killed?
                  more than a decade i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    more than a decade i believe.
                    that pretty much means solitary, right?

Comment

i personally don't believe we have the right, as human beings, to impose the death penalty. it's seems very contradictory to what is preached. not to mention hypocritical.

life in jail. no parole. that could amount to as long as sixty years for a young dude like that.
                      he didn't have the right either to take those lives...to leave all those families mourning their lost loved ones for the rest of their lives...

an eye for an eye

Comment

Working...
                      X