Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mosley pulls the upset next month...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mosley pulls the upset next month...

How much does it help his legacy? How much does it hurt manny's legacy?

Gives Mosley a pretty big boost in terms of Legacy.

Does nothing for Pac. Doesn't move him any lower on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Gives Mosley a pretty big boost in terms of Legacy.

Does nothing for Pac. Doesn't move him any lower on my list.
      This pretty much it also gives mayweather a reason not to fight pacquiao

Comment

Mosley's too old and he knows it. He's stoking up his retirement fund and i don't blame him. With the absence of PBF he may aswell fill his boots.
        I can't see an upset, but if i'm wrong, of course it will effect both legacies. People would harp on about Pac losing to a 40 year old for evermore, which in turn would boost Mosley's all time standing, just as it has with Hopkins and Foreman.

Comment

I honestly believe that shane is very far gone

his speech is starting to deteriorate. shane's never been a great talker, but he's never had trouble keeping sentences together and forming them with some level of continuity, as he's doing now. his word's are starting to get caught in the sides of his mouth

he had a draw with sergio mora. he couldn't deal with mora's angles and his footspeed.

lemme go over it again, amigos.... shane was having trouble with sERGIO MORA's speed.

shane's the biggest no - hoper that manny has fought, given the state of his career. he's looked awful in training.

if he somehow turns the clock back and beats manny it's going to be via stoppage, or a damage based decision(manny getting hurt and surviving.)
          he's not outboxing him. he is not that guy, he never really was.
          he's going to show up to fight

if he somehow pulls it off and looks good against a solid pacquiao who fights the right fight his stock is going up. way up. and manny wont feel a huge setback in terms of his total legacy. after all, he's a former flyweight

if he pulls it off it will likely be because of shortcomings on pacquiao's end
          he's eventually going to show the effect of a long career at the top of the game with an aggressive style. i doubt shane's going to be the guy who makes pacquiao get old over night.

my guess, though, is that we'll see a deteriorated shane
          and a manny that's not going to be impressive enough to warrant huge leaps in terms of legacy

and the legacies will remain largely intact after a manny decision

Comment

It greatly enhances Mosley's career, mainly due to how far past it he is. Pacquiao losing wouldn't hurt him really to me because of where he is in his career. It would just be very funny.

Comment

I think its posible for Mosley to pull the upset. I think Mosley is the biggest puncher Manny has faced. He almost knocked out Floyd Mayweather and I can't believe the Mora fight was a draw. I walked out on the fight after the 7th round and I could not believe he did not get the decision.

Anything can happen and of course boxers are put under a microscope more then other sports because of the infrequency of their fights so of course it will effect both of their legacys. All it takes is for Manny to be feeling under the weather or to get distracted for just a small fraction of a second and he can be knocked out. Small chance but it could be as high as 20%. Who knows?
              Last edited by Holtol; 04-22-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Mosleys stock rises

Paqiaous stock decreases ALOT since shane is 40! and the way mayweather beat mosley soo easily evry1 would h8 pacman and that wud be the end of him

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  How much does it help his legacy? How much does it hurt manny's legacy?
                  these fighters are well past their primes and are in this for the money i would not pay a cent to watch this fight

Comment

Mannys stock takes a kicking, Shane is a past it dinosaur. A loss to him would merely show that Mannys wins up in weight have been well chosen and the weight draining thing will appear to have alot more substance to it.

Still slice it however u like Pac was a FLYWEIGHT, what he has done is Nothing Short of incredible just look at the stars on his record for gods sake!

Mosley? His stock rises, as it did when he beat Margarito and it would be the perfect time to bow out. This is the result i pray for

Comment

Working...
                    X