Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muilio comments on his loss to Sergei Kharitonov....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muilio comments on his loss to Sergei Kharitonov....

Chute Boxe's Murilo Ninja is already in Curitiba and it seems he has recovered himself of his loss to Russian Sergei Kharitonov, at Pride GP Heavyweight first round, last April 25th. In an exclusive to TATAME.com, Ninja explains how he deal with the bad result and talked about his strategy in the fight.

TATAME: Don't you think you chose a wrong strategy? Couldn't you take the fight also to the ground?

Ninja: I'll be honest. I never thought to take the fight to the ground, I just wanted to fight on the feet. I was ok, I knocked the Russian down and his noose was bleeding a lot. But, unfortunately he hit me with that cross-punch on my chin and I felt unconscious.

TATAME:How was fighting with the Heavyweights?

NinjaI felt myself ok, my hand was heavier than before, but their hands are heavier than the Middleweights. At Heavyweight, as important as the gas training is the strength training. I was gassy, but I was the lightest fighter of the GP.

TATAMEDuring the press-conference after the fight, you was visibly shaken. How do you and your team deal with this loss?

Ninja:It was my first loss by KO. It never happened to me before. But I don't fight tied. I fight for win. Pride producers love my fights. Rudimar (Fedrigo), Rafael (Cordeiro) and Cunha (Sérgio) supported myself a lot and they made me raise my head up. That's what I'm doing now. Nobody is invincible, I had a bad moment and I was knocked out.

TATAMEAfter your loss to Randleman at Pride 24 (2002) you stopped a year. How will be your career from now on? Do you intend to return to fight at Middleweight?

NinjaI don't how it'll be from now on. I just know I'll continue training hard and waiting for another opportunity. I don't know if I'll return to fight at Middleweight.

Ninja really didn't look good at HW. His body was kind of soft and the other guy had like a 5" reach advantage. He got blasted to the body and you could tell it was hurting him.

Ninja makes a better LHW

Comment

His striking was whack. Crazy out of control. He needs refinement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen
        His striking was whack. Crazy out of control. He needs refinement.
        He has always been kind of wild but I agree with you. I think the fact the other guy had such a reach advantage frustrated him and caused him to start throwing wild punches, looking for the one punch knockout.. He would throw wild haymakers and then get countered to the body. When your soft in the gut, body shots just take it out of you. Trust me, I know :-(

Comment

Ninja needs to stay at middleweight, unless he wants to lose again.

Comment

i think Silva would have been much better than ninja in the Heavyweight GP....mighta even won it, who knows.

Comment

Heavyweight Ninja = Many more losses to come

Comment

Working...
              X