Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Explains Why He Rejected Sergey Kovalev Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    People seem to be missing the point here.

The point here is that he was offered a rematch clause and if he won he would had still being paid the same **** money PLUS no belt on the line.
    Lmao if kovalev ducked barrera you would be losing your mind, but you make excuses for a clear duck if its the other way around...wonder why that is?

Originally posted by methodcal View Post
    U mean the joe smith guy that knock the poland and philly out of those 2 dudes.......O
    Er, no i mean Paul Parker. A random bum.

Comment

Sorry but that is a guarantee of $600K if he had won the first fight. I cannot excuse that. I was waiting for him to confirm this before making any critical comments.

For a guy that doesn't get a lot of fight offers i think that was a fight he should have taken on. His name would still be out there even if he had lost the fight, he got his name out there by fighting Ward and fighting Kov would have been a wiser decision than waiting for a title shot.

If he was mexican (Fanbase/name) it would have been an easier decision, but because he is Cuban and we know a lot of people don't like fighting Cubans, he should have taken that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        That b*tch ain't got proof of ****.
        Lol Kig, I just want to see it if he does lol..

Comment

Good, phuck dat b1tch ass Kuckalev! He know Sullivan would beat his ass so he gave him some marden days slave contrack! Ward made dat Rushin pssy quit and so would Sullivan...

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
            -_-
            beating kovalev will boost ur value dude, cmon, som1 will pay u higher 1 way or another
            This.

You aren't going to command 7 digit money when you are a Cuban (a nationality in the US that goes notoriously without much of a fanbase) & your best W is over Joe Smith (a guy who's considered more of a fluke contender by the average boxing fan than a legit threat).

Beat Kovalev & then you actually got a name, even if its a lately lowered valued name with his recent L which seems like it was a quit by some cats, that can garner you more money in the future.

But acting like a fight with Kov = more money next time is bs. A Kov win = more money, but even than you got draw problems being a Cuban in the US that is likely making your ceiling lower than a lot of other cats who could beat Kov moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              This.

You aren't going to command 7 digit money when you are a Cuban (a nationality in the US that goes notoriously without much of a fanbase) & your best W is over Joe Smith (a guy who's considered more of a fluke contender by the average boxing fan than a legit threat).

Beat Kovalev & then you actually got a name, even if its a lately lowered valued name with his recent L which seems like it was a quit by some cats, that can garner you more money in the future.

But acting like a fight with Kov = more money next time is bs. A Kov win = more money, but even than you got draw problems being a Cuban in the US that is likely making your ceiling lower than a lot of other cats who could beat Kov moving forward.
              well, rip barrera then
              no wonder at least he wants titsle shoot

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                Lmao if kovalev ducked barrera you would be losing your mind, but you make excuses for a clear duck if its the other way around...wonder why that is?

Er, no i mean Paul Parker. A random bum.
                Because I'm a racist and hate Eastern Europeans.

Comment

I see where he's coming from, but the sad thing is that there is nobody at LHW that will pay much more than what Barrera would get from Kov. He's just not gonna get a million dollar payday.

Guess he'd rather get a belt than fight biggest challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Because I'm a racist and hate Eastern Europeans.
                    Or, you just get a hard on for slick BBC Cubans?

didnt you say Perez was going to win the cruiserweight tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      Or, you just get a hard on for slick BBC Cubans?

didnt you say Perez was going to win the cruiserweight tournament?
                      I hope he was smarter and said Dorticos... But an Eastern Euro should take that...

Comment

Working...
                      X