No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Wants Lucas Matthysse December 15, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
    He seemed confident he could beat Garcia too..
    I dont think this is a smart move at this point, Mathysse is a beast!
    He can definitely win this, though. Khan's problem is that he looks beyond opponents - this happened for both the Peterson and Garcia fights (negotiations with Mayweather etc.).

He'd have to keep it at long range and remain disciplined throughout.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Hence the 'facts can be deceiving'.
      Only to those who don't understand the meaning of the word...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
        As much as I dislike Khan. I can't deny him credit for taking on dangerous opponents back to back.
        i can't give him that much credit. the only real dangerous opponent he's fought since getting KTFO'd by prescott is maidana who he tried to duck til the WBA forced him to fight. his resume since prescott has consisted of shot fighters, guys with no power, or looked like **** in their last fight. that's why it was so hilarious seeing the garcia and peterson fights backfire on his dumbass.

at this point he has nothing left to lose, he's lost the hype. this doesn't surprise or impress me one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          He can definitely win this, though. Khan's problem is that he looks beyond opponents - this happened for both the Peterson and Garcia fights (negotiations with Mayweather etc.).

He'd have to keep it at long range and remain disciplined throughout.
          Khans problem is that hes mentally weak and he crumbles under pressure. He looks like a lost child in there when you bring the fight to him, he doesnt know what to do and the gameplan goes out the window.

Comment

He can call out all the dangerous fighters in the world but so ****ing what if all hes gonna do is lose to them?

He couldnt even last 4 rounds against danny garcia ffs, and he deserves a shot at the number one jr welterweight in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              Only to those who don't understand the meaning of the word...
              Or when the fact in boxing is decided by 3 people, who can often be given reasons to make a wrong decision.

Fact says Williams beat Lara and Rios beat Abril, common sense and truth say otherwise. So the 'facts' in boxing don't have any bearing on my views.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                i can't give him that much credit. the only real dangerous opponent he's fought since getting KTFO'd by prescott is maidana who he tried to duck til the WBA forced him to fight. his resume since prescott has consisted of shot fighters, guys with no power, or looked like **** in their last fight. that's why it was so hilarious seeing the garcia and peterson fights backfire on his dumbass.

at this point he has nothing left to lose, he's lost the hype. this doesn't surprise or impress me one bit.
                Well obviously Maidana wasn't the only dangerous fighter Khan's faced considering Garcia owns a 4 round destruction over Khan & Maidana hasn't done anything of note since losing to Khan, just my mo.

Comment

Get Ariza, Get an assistant coach, and/or a whole new coach.

And you have a winning team. Ariza is a must for khan, its his ****ing team telling him he does not need Ariza, when all the evidence in the world shows he does. Pay the man, damn.

I really like khan, and want to see him winning again.

Comment

eh, why do i care if khan throws away his career. he'll never be really good anyways. make it happen. mathysse deserves it.

Comment

i hate khan and his arrogant shenanigans and his constant excuse making and passing blame, and talking the craziest gibberish imaginable, but i hope to god his team does NOT allow this fight to happen. no fighter should put their life in jeopardy like this. khan needs some time off, and take on some lower level fighters to get some wins and get some confidence back. he is young still, but if he keeps fighting guys that are eons better than him, he is gonna be a vegetable at a very young age...

Comment

Working...
                      X