No announcement yet.

Fighters Who Were Never The Same After Their First Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roy jones fight after his first proper loss

he owned montel griffen, that ref was on some BS.. so anyone that thinks he deservedly lost that fight go kill yourself

i also think Zab has been off since his first loss...

Comment

Jeff Fenech

Possibly Mikkel Kessler & JuanMa Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Oselav View Post
        Jeff Fenech

Possibly Mikkel Kessler & JuanMa Lopez
        I think Jeff's style and his injuries did not make for a long career. The guy was a true phenom the way he blew through the weight classes, but those two things in my first sentence were gonna catch up to him quickly.

Comment

I think it's a misconception that Tyson wasn't the same anymore after his first loss. We all know that the technical aspects of his game had already started to vanish before he even lost, but after he lost to Douglass he was quickly back to his old form. Destroying lower level fighters in spectacular highlight reel fashion and he looked much better in his two wars against Ruddock than his fight against Douglass and even before that against Bruno. It's the 4 years of inactivity that ruined him, aside from the usual stuff about his personal problems.

In recent times Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams fall into this category.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
            In recent times Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams fall into this category.
            I definitely agree about Pavlik, but Williams came back very strong after his first loss to Quintana

Comment

Yeah with Williams it's been more since his second loss to Martinez. Lara kept catching him with the same overhand left that Martinez did, surprised he wasn't stopped again. Talk about a guy not making adjustments or not being able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Mike Tyson.
                Roy Jones Jr after his first proper loss.

Tyson was still a great fighter in 1990-1991

Comment

Miguel Lora
                  Davey Moore
                  David Reid

Comment

thankfully he isnt one but i first expected miguel cotto to not be the same after his first loss

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      Miguel Lora
                      Davey Moore
                      David Reid
                      Great choices, but would also add - Don Curry

That eye on Reid... Remember having macabre visions of it landing in someones lap.

Comment

Working...
                      X