Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua asked a question.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
    We could debate whether he is the top dog (he is, imo) but that is not even the question asked.
    The question asked is only about money. In all other eras, these fights got made without the cash cow having to give up more than a reasonable share - yet AJ is supposed to do it now, unprecedented.
    The only thing driving Wilder's price up is his ducking. It's not a negotiating tactic, he is simply ducking, which is making Joshua give him more than his fair (by historical precedent) share.
    And that is what is happening.
    Both Wilder and Fury make lots of money..... the ego of Joshua and HEarn is what makes these negotiations so difficult.... they think they have all the power and are giving Fury or Wilder the opportunity.

Until they drop that shiat and come open and willing to make a fight on equal terms, then we will keep going round in circles.

Fury or Wilder will not bend to Hearn, they despise him and see him for the prick he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      It's in indisputable fact that Joshua makes the most money, good for him.

Wilder and Fury both make lots of money as well...... it's why they can swat away Hearn and Joshua's offers. I just seen Hearn on IFL tv trying to dictate that Joshua vs the Wilder/Fury winner will be happening in Saudi, like they still think they can dictate where it happens.

Fury and Wilder do not operate on Hearn and Joshua's level, or your level...... it's not all about money.

When you realise that you will understand why they won't deal with Hearn or Joshua.
      I see: it's all about "legacy"... Schwarz, Wallin, Stiverne (twice), Breazeale, Ortiz (twice) were all about the "legacy", right?

Comment

This isn't just a sport, this is prize fighting. You get paid according to how many behinds you put in seats, not by being the best fighter with the most belts. Joshua definitley brings more viewers and deserves more money than both guys

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          I see: it's all about "legacy"... Schwarz, Wallin, Stiverne (twice), Breazeale, Ortiz (twice) were all about the "legacy", right?
          Fury has fought two long-reigning champions in their backyards. He's doing it again.... that's 3 fights against the top man in the division..... in their country.

Wilder fought Fury and is doing so again..... both are fighting each other.... but you leave that out when talking about recent opponents. WHY?

Fury coming back and fighting Wilder not count, fighting a rematch? that's the legacy fight right there..... if it goes to a trilogy that's 4 fights against a top opponent...... then he fights Joshua or Whyte? that's his legacy complete.

Comment

Fury has fought two long-reigning champions in their backyards. He's doing it again.... that's 3 fights against the top man in the division..... in their country.

Wilder fought Fury and is doing so again..... both are fighting each other.... but you leave that out when talking about recent opponents. WHY?

Fury coming back and fighting Wilder not count, fighting a rematch? that's the legacy fight right there..... if it goes to a trilogy that's 4 fights against a top opponent...... then he fights Joshua or Whyte? that's his legacy complete.
            ... In fact, I like Fury quite a lot -- he managed to trick Wlad and Wilder... and I don't really count other people's money -- if they are only after "glory" and donate all they earn, it's Ok... their choice...

Comment

So Fury is looking at Joshua? You said Joshua needed him but he didnt need Joshua. Man keep that story straight will you. You also said Joshua is the divisions cash cow A side. You know what that has meant for ever Cash cow A side this sport has seen before but for Joshua he should forget that he is and give 50-50 cuz if he doesnt his ego is too big.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                Does anybody know the answer to it?

The question was what makes Wilder or Fury worth a 50-50 split against Joshua. Joshua knows hes the sports cash cow right now, he knows his numbers are dwarfing the likes of Wilder, Fury or any Heavy in the division, or any Boxer from any division apart from Canelo. He understands that he may have to dish out 50-50 to get these fights but he cant figure out why some people think both those guys are deserving or worth 50%

The stats, the facts and the figures show us that Joshua is the 2nd biggest cash cow in the sport behind Canelo. Those 2 are fighting on a whole higher level than any other fighter in the sport. Canelo isnt dishing out 50-50 to anybody and nobody is even complaining about it. Nobody complained when Money Floyd wasnt giving 50-50 in any of his fights when he was the cash cow either. I can go on and name cash cow after cash cow never giving 50-50 to their opposition.

So can anybody tell Anthony Joshua why he should be giving 50-50 to Wilder whose last fight bombed big time, Or Fury whose numbers were even worse than Wilders?
                50-50 probably doesn't make sense, but 70-30 is just plain ducking. A Lineal Unification between #1 and #2 is at least 60-40 and should probably be 55-45. If Canelo can do 50-50, 55-45, then so can Joshua if he's not just cold ducking.

Comment

Honestly I think if Wilder gets to fight AJ he shouldn't take less than 40%. With 40% and the opportunity to Knock AJ the fk out and take the Crow is worth it.

Comment

So Fury is looking at Joshua? You said Joshua needed him but he didnt need Joshua. Man keep that story straight will you. You also said Joshua is the divisions cash cow A side. You know what that has meant for ever Cash cow A side this sport has seen before but for Joshua he should forget that he is and give 50-50 cuz if he doesnt his ego is too big.
                    From his own mouth, he wants Wilder, then Joshua and Whyte.

Certainly I would like to see that fight, undisputed, I believe Fury beats Joshua badly. Don't see how I am not keeping my story straight..... I have always wanted that fight.

Talking about negotiations for that fight, certainly Joshua needs to give 50% to the #1 WBC, ring and lineal champion lol and needs that fight more than Fury does.

Comment

"No one can be considered the best of this era until they beat Tyson Fury"

Joshua needs to fight the Wilder/Fury winner to be #1..... after his terrible TKO loss and quitting..... Joshua NEEDS the fight more than Fury, most definitely.... and they know it, Fury knows, everyone knows it.

Comment

Working...
                      X