Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Xbox compete with Ps4 exclusives?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Xbox compete with Ps4 exclusives?

Not trying to whip my ps4 diiick out and throw it on the table. But God of War, Spiderman, Days Gones, Last of Us.

Is there even a competition? Just started Days Gone today. Should be amazing.

. No one cares about exclusives Much these days like they did in say 2005 . Its all about online gameplay and BattleRoyales have that area on lock right now .
    All big multiplayer titles are on all consoles . As for console exclusives , All recent exclusives Have been Subpar and dont really have any replay value .
    Something changed in gaming , maybe multiplayer titles hurt the Solo games industry which is a shame because back in the day they used to be so immersive and better than any movie .
    Many titles are completley doing away with single player campains which is also a shame

I like many other also Own a PS4 , XBOX and Gaming PC . which is something i wouldve thought was dumb back in the day but now everyone has multiple systems to connect with friends etc...

Comment

I think the Xbox community tends to lean toward people who enjoy competitive multiplayer. Or, just multiplayer in general since Sony blocks most crossplay but xboxers can play with PC players.

The exclusives thing is really about preferences. Sony has no exclusives that I want so I don't have a PS4 at the moment but there's a few xbox exclusives I love (particularly Gears of War). I mostly play PC now but most of my friends are xboxers because the Xbox online community is really strong.

I think the main advantage xbox has right now is that the One X is significantly better than even the PS Pro. Red Dead 2 exhibited that pretty well. Neither are touching a good PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Seps210 View Post
        . No one cares about exclusives Much these days like they did in say 2005 . Its all about online gameplay and BattleRoyales have that area on lock right now .
        All big multiplayer titles are on all consoles . As for console exclusives , All recent exclusives Have been Subpar and dont really have any replay value .
        Something changed in gaming , maybe multiplayer titles hurt the Solo games industry which is a shame because back in the day they used to be so immersive and better than any movie .
        Many titles are completley doing away with single player campains which is also a shame

I like many other also Own a PS4 , XBOX and Gaming PC . which is something i wouldve thought was dumb back in the day but now everyone has multiple systems to connect with friends etc...
        Completely disagree. I think this generation, its more obvious than ever the importance of exclusives.. Look at a game like Spiderman.. Sold more in September than NBA 2K. An exclusive on ONE console sold more than a MULTIPLAT on 3 different platforms.

Look at games like:

Mario Odyssey - Over 14 Millions Sold
        Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 13 Millions Sold
        Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Over 16 Million Sold
        Smash Bros Ultimate - Over 13 Million Sold
        God of War - Over 3 million copies in just 3 days
        Spiderman - 9 Million Sold
        Uncharted 4 - 10 Million
        Horizon Zero Dawn - 10 Million

"All recent exclusives Have been Subpar and dont really have any replay value"

↑ Very Subjective - In my opinion, exclusives are better than they have ever been.. Look at the titles I mentioned, plus games like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human (no longer exclusive) but still has high replay value, you literally have to beat it like 3 times to see all endings.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanco718_ View Post
          Completely disagree. I think this generation, its more obvious than ever the importance of exclusives.. Look at a game like Spiderman.. Sold more in September than NBA 2K. An exclusive on ONE console sold more than a MULTIPLAT on 3 different platforms.

Look at games like:

Mario Odyssey - Over 14 Millions Sold
          Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 13 Millions Sold
          Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Over 16 Million Sold
          Smash Bros Ultimate - Over 13 Million Sold
          God of War - Over 3 million copies in just 3 days
          Spiderman - 9 Million Sold
          Uncharted 4 - 10 Million
          Horizon Zero Dawn - 10 Million

"All recent exclusives Have been Subpar and dont really have any replay value"

↑ Very Subjective - In my opinion, exclusives are better than they have ever been.. Look at the titles I mentioned, plus games like Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Detroit Become Human (no longer exclusive) but still has high replay value, you literally have to beat it like 3 times to see all endings.
          The list is pretty pointless when you compare it to the best selling games of 2018, along with the highest played free-to-plays. Exclusives are in the minority.

As someone who has been gaming since the 80's, I can say that exclusives are less impactful than ever. The only people I see arguing for the significance of exclusives are the weird ass PS4 fanboys who like to argue about one system vs another.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The list is pretty pointless when you compare it to the best selling games of 2018, along with the highest played free-to-plays. Exclusives are in the minority.

As someone who has been gaming since the 80's, I can say that exclusives are less impactful than ever. The only people I see arguing for the significance of exclusives are the weird ass PS4 fanboys who like to argue about one system vs another.
            Of course the best selling games are gonna be the multiplats like COD, RDR, GTA's, thats what the casuals buy + they're available on at least 3-4 platforms.. but to say exclusives are less impactful than ever is ridiculous... Sales say otherwise... The Switch is proof of that..And of course XBOX fanboys no longer mention exclusives.. They no longer have any.. They decided to put everything day & date on PC cause a lot of games werent selling. But at the beginning of this gen exclusives "mattered" to them, when Sony only had Killzone ShadowFall, Knack & Resogun.. And MS had Dead Rising 3, KI, Titanfall, Ryse, Forza etc. etc.

Comment

I love Forza Halo used to be cool back in the day xbox need to bring back a real Halo game and Fable maybe Jade Empire too if they own it

Days gone and last of us look like the same game to me

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
                Not trying to whip my ps4 diiick out and throw it on the table. But God of War, Spiderman, Days Gones, Last of Us.

Is there even a competition? Just started Days Gone today. Should be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I love Forza Halo used to be cool back in the day xbox need to bring back a real Halo game and Fable maybe Jade Empire too if they own it

Days gone and last of us look like the same game to me
                  Theres rumors that PlayGround Games are making the new Fable Game.. Might see something at E3 this year..

Comment

Originally posted by Blanco718_ View Post
                    Of course the best selling games are gonna be the multiplats like COD, RDR, GTA's, thats what the casuals buy + they're available on at least 3-4 platforms.. but to say exclusives are less impactful than ever is ridiculous... Sales say otherwise... The Switch is proof of that..And of course XBOX fanboys no longer mention exclusives.. They no longer have any.. They decided to put everything day & date on PC cause a lot of games werent selling. But at the beginning of this gen exclusives "mattered" to them, when Sony only had Killzone ShadowFall, Knack & Resogun.. And MS had Dead Rising 3, KI, Titanfall, Ryse, Forza etc. etc.
                    OMG, you're one of these ps4 f@gg0ts that is insecure about your GAMING CONSOLE.
                    "sales say otherwise" GTFO. The fact that there's 4 competitive platforms and has been for YEARS is proof of what I'm saying. Back when exclusives really mastered, companies were putting other companies out of business because of the exclusives. Now, more and more people are able to play popular games on multiple platforms so choosing which platform is less critical then ever.

They need a ps4 dildo for all these nerds that love to spam the internet with this shyt. And, for the record, I've owned two Playstations, I've nothing against Sony. I've just noticed they have some weird ass fanboys.

Comment

Working...
                    X