Collapse
No announcement yet.

That fight was no robbery or draw..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP: How did you scored it round by round?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      OP: How did you scored it round by round?
      This is how my card looked..F(is for Floyd)M(is for Maidana)

F M
      1 9 10
      2 10 9
      3 10 9
      4 9 10
      5 9 10
      6 10 9
      7 10 9
      8 10 9
      9 9 10
      11 10 9
      12 10 9

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        GTFOH with the bull**** already..Mayweather beat Maidana in a closely competitive fight..I had it 8-4 for Mayweather..I see no need for a rematch,or for anyone to make this into something it's not..Maidana was not robbed,he fought hard but did not have the stamina to win this fight..

I do tip my hat to Maidana doe,much better showing then I expected..
        Pretty much how I feel.. 115-113 or 116-112 are the only scores I see that make sense.. Maidana clearly won 4 early rounds and was ahead after 6 rds. But after that, I thought Floyd took clear control of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Pretty much how I feel.. 115-113 or 116-112 are the only scores I see that make sense.. Maidana clearly won 4 early rounds and was ahead after 6 rds. But after that, I thought Floyd took clear control of the fight
          I agree with Maidana winning 4 rds..I disagree tho that Maidana was winning after 6..The fight was even after 6 in my book..
          Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 05-05-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            dude, you had bradley winning the first fight vs pac...you should be the last to preach about scoring ..
            lol.........

I can see a draw, I couldn't see Maidana winning unless you're being generous his way.

Comment

Yeah, I had it 8 to 4 also although I could see it 7 to 5 maybe. I gave maidana 4 of the first 5 rounds but I gave floyd the rest. At no point did maidana have floyd in trouble and floyds shots were a lot cleaner and you could hear them much more easily. Maidana was hitting floyd in his back all night and was resorting to wrestling and typical latino machismo type bs that probably turned the one judge off that scored it 117 to 111.

Id be a lot more interested in seeing Pac or Khan next than a sloppy fighter like maidana who Floyd figured out after round 5 once again.

Comment

I scored it 114-114. Each fighter won 5 out of 6 rounds in each half the fight.

Although, if someone told me they scored it 115-113 or 116-112 (and no higher) for Mayweather, I could understand where you got the score and wouldn't necessarily complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
                  Can you show me where thats one of the criteria for scoring a fight? Last I checked, connect percentage has absolutely nothing to do with who won and who lost.
                  Sure. Landing at a 2:1 ratio falls directly into the clean effective punching category. Secondarily, ring generalship and defence, Mayweather dominated as well. Which means he's controlled 3/4 of the criteria for winning rounds.

Accuracy of your shots matters, quite heavily. How you could say the opposite is beyond me. Being aggressive means nothing when your opponent is out landing you at a 2:1 ratio in every area, and throwing less.

In any event, here's some links for you to read on the criteria of judging a boxing match:

http://boxing.isport.com/boxing-guid...g-system-works

https://suite.io/bill-scherer/xjv2q2

Comment

Working...
                  X