Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Wlad is better P4P than Pacquiao and Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree, quality of opposition and overall skillset have to be considered when doing P4P lists.

Are Wlad's opponents on the same level as Pac's and Nonito's?

And does Wlad have all of the tools that Pac and Nonito do?

The answer to both questions is a resounding no. In my opinion.

Comment

To quote a line from the Rocky Balboa movie, Wladimir is a "victim of his own dominance". Wladimir has always had great fundamentals and skill, but the weak state of the heavyweight division means that there aren't many challenges there for him. He does not have the option of going up in weight like smaller fighters do when they clean up a division and being 6'6" it's impossible to move down to a lighter division. He's stuck with what the division has to offer.

Does he have better fundamentals than Pacquiao? I think so. Donaire? I think I agree also. His problem is the lack of competition because he does not have a heavyweight JMM to test him.

Comment

At this point you have to rate him higher than Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
          Does he have better fundamentals than Pacquiao? I think so. Donaire? I think I agree also.
          All Klitschko does 90% of the time is jab, jab, right hand, grab. He DOES NOT have better skills than Pacquiao.

Manny has forgotten more combinations than Wladimir ever learned.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            I would agree, quality of opposition and overall skillset have to be considered when doing P4P lists.

i agree 100%.

ppl talk about his dominance but hes taking bums the distance on a regular basis while donaire is flattening ten times better fighters.

pacquiao is better than him too, better oposition and better skills just like you say. he might be coming of a loss but look at who he took the loss to. wlad never fought anyone that good and if he did he would be knocked out cold too.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              Donare is much better than both Wlad and Lennox ever been... Nooot!
              NO. Wlad and Donaire never avenged their losses, so they both suck.

Lennox defeated every man he ever faced professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                All Klitschko does 90% of the time is jab, jab, right hand, grab. He DOES NOT have better skills than Pacquiao.

Manny has forgotten more combinations than Wladimir ever learned.
                You are entitled to your opinion and I always respect what every rational poster contributes but I never felt Pacquiao had great fundamentals. Pacquiao had an explosive, dynamic style that worked wonders for him and made him a great fighter, but his skills are not traditional in a classic sense.

If you take a new fighter and teach him to try and fight like Pacquiao, chances are he will get knocked out. Pacquiao, like Roy Jones and, to a lesser degree, Hamed, had physical gifts that made him special. On the other hand, Wladimir, is a classic boxer puncher with solid technique and an extensive amateur pedigree. That's why I choose Wladimir's fundamentals over Pacquiao's physical attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                    NO. Wlad and Donaire never avenged their losses, so they both suck.

Lennox defeated every man he ever faced professionally.
                    Ouu, so it's that argument... I thought it would be about (non)motivation.

Yeeeah it makes a perfect sense now... Lennox is the best!!! ..ou I mean Donare.. ou I mean.. what's this thread about again? ouu yeah, Wlad sucks!

Comment

Hell no, he's fighting in a ****ty division. The best opponent he faced this year is a guy he knocked out several years ago. Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                      X