Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for the Puerto Rican fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gudfella View Post
    Dnt invest in garcia...he aint honna b around too long

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    People have been saying this for how long now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      Jayson Velez looked pretty good destroying Salvador Sanchez the 2nd. He is supposed to fight Deleon next that will be his true test

The last fight is the only one that Velez has looked good! Either he's really learning the ropes or the low quality of his last opponent made him look great!I still have my reservations and will much rather see him fight one more time before throwing him to the wolves, aka, Ponce De Leon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray*
        Quote:

Originally Posted by boxingfeind

I noticed blacks arent throwing it in Puerto Ricans face about their fighters having a rough year.I remember when last year when black fighters had a rough head start people would make threads and post throwing in black boxing fans face.It was whites,Puerto Ricans, filipinos and Mexicans doing it not only on this website but also on youtube.

I know people are gonna say oh why you using the race card" or "this aint about black fighters" or "you think about race too much".All that is just a loophole people gonna use.

Seriously! Does everything has to do with race to you?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Putting this to bed!

Ok guys there are MILLIONS of Puertoricans BORN in the US who are Ricans no matter what!

Here is what I have for you......WORLD famous Mexican singer Luis Miguel was born in San Juan PR his parents are full Mexicans is he Rican??? NO!
          He is 100% Mexican! You are from where your parents are from. If your parents are from PR and you are born in Japan does that make you Japanese??? NO NO AND NO!!

Dannys parents are Puertorican and so is Danny, his blood is Rican and so is his culture regardless if he follows it or not knows a thing about it. That wont stop the Rican blood stream or make him American. By the way ALL PRicans are born American citizens so whats the point.

Like it or not DLH is Mexican and yes full blooded! Many Mexicans move to US never returning back and their kids are born and raised here that wont stop them from being Mexicans, same goes with Ricans, Italians and any other race born here not of the native American Indian culture who are the real Americans!

Has Danny been embraiced by Ricans? You can bet anything you want we are claiming him because simply he is Rican, he has NO American blood on him or does he??

By the way I was born in PR raised in Brooklyn NY and PA. for almost all my life. I am 100% Rican and proud of it, ***** I feel more Rican than the ones living, born and raised back at my island!

BTW some of my favorite fighters:

Tyson
          Sugar Ray Leonard
          Marvin Hagler
          Diego Corales
          Wilfredo Gomez
          Wilfredo Benitez
          Michael Carbajal
          Macho Camacho
          Floyd Mayweather Jr.
          Miguel Cotto
          George Foreman
          Felix Trinidad
          Finito Lopez

I follow the sport not the race. I do wish the best to my people and root for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
            Ok guys there are MILLIONS of Puertoricans BORN in the US who are Ricans no matter what!

Here is what I have for you......WORLD famous Mexican singer Luis Miguel was born in San Juan PR his parents are full Mexicans is he Rican??? NO!
            He is 100% Mexican!
            You are from where your parents are from. If your parents are from PR and you are born in Japan does that make you Japanese??? NO NO AND NO!!

Dannys parents are Puertorican and so is Danny, his blood is Rican and so is his culture regardless if he follows it or not knows a thing about it. That wont stop the Rican blood stream or make him American. By the way ALL PRicans are born American citizens so whats the point.

Like it or not DLH is Mexican and yes full blooded! Many Mexicans move to US never returning back and their kids are born and raised here that wont stop them from being Mexicans, same goes with Ricans, Italians and any other race born here not of the native American Indian culture who are the real Americans!

Has Danny been embraiced by Ricans? You can bet anything you want we are claiming him because simply he is Rican, he has NO American blood on him or does he??

By the way I was born in PR raised in Brooklyn NY and PA. for almost all my life. I am 100% Rican and proud of it, ***** I feel more Rican than the ones living, born and raised back at my island!

BTW some of my favorite fighters:

Tyson
            Sugar Ray Leonard
            Marvin Hagler
            Diego Corales
            Wilfredo Gomez
            Wilfredo Benitez
            Michael Carbajal
            Macho Camacho
            Floyd Mayweather Jr.
            Miguel Cotto
            George Foreman
            Felix Trinidad
            Finito Lopez

I follow the sport not the race. I do wish the best to my people and root for them.
            I see what you mean but I have something to say about the bold. Luis Miguel's parents are not Mexican. His father was from Spain and his mother was Italian. I should know because I'm a fan of the guy even if his attitude seems kind of douchey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
              I see what you mean but I have something to say about the bold. Luis Miguel's parents are not Mexican. His father was from Spain and his mother was Italian. I should know because I'm a fan of the guy even if his attitude seems kind of douchey.

Beat me to it.

His parents lived in Mexico; is about it.

Luis Miguel is pretty much a mutt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
                Beat me to it.

his parents lived in Mexico, is about it.

Luis Miguel is pretty much a mutt.
                Yeah, it's like Miguel Bosé, the famous singer from Spain. His father was also from Spain, mother was Italian and he was born in Panama. Interesting how some have such a melting pot. Then again, we Puerto Ricans are the product of a melting pot ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                  Yeah, it's like Miguel Bosé, the famous singer from Spain. His father was also from Spain, mother was Italian and he was born in Panama. Interesting how some have such a melting pot. Then again, we Puerto Ricans are the product of a melting pot ourselves.

Diego Corrales is another example.

Colombian dad, Mexican mom, and born in the States.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
                    Diego Corrales is another example.

Colombian dad, Mexican mom, and born in the States.
                    It's all a big melting pot. Me, as a Puerto Rican, I am what you would call naturally (slightly) tanned if such a term exists. I'm guessing I must be mostly white (Spain) with some black in the mix (Africa), plus the fact that we are Latinos and there's a mix in itself. I don't think I have much Taíno in me but, who knows? I am 100% Puerto Rican but I have that mix, imagine when PR's marry foreigners. That's makes the melting pot even bigger.

I guess it really is a small world after all.

Comment

• true!

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
                      Very true but he considers himself Mexican and so do the Mexican people.
                      Still Luis Miguel is not Rican and that was my point.

Comment

Working...
                      X