Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Richard Abril much better than previously thought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Abrill is no better than everyone who had seen him fight thought he was, it was more a case of Brandon Rios being exposed for what he is. The guy can fight but he cant box too good, any decent boxer with a decent chin will have Rios's number, if the guy cant make it a slugfest he's pretty much beaten, he's got no plan B

Comment

Abril is so skilled like most Cuban fighters...but he also has those long arms which makes his Style Of Philly Shell Defense...EXTREMELY HARD TO PENETRATE!

I won't like I never seen him before the Rios fight but I heard how he fought Hank Lundy and Bredias Prescott tough and may have been Robbed against both fighters

but I was very impressed with his overall skills against Rios and how he DOMINATED RIOS from start to finish, Rios did not win 1 Round in that fight IMO

unfortunately for Abril...people are going to avoid him because of his style which is extremely hard to deal with

Comment

hes good but his style is not judge friendly he beat the **** outta rios also! but bob king arum was alive at the time

Comment

Hasen't lost as a profesional, hes that good.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
            Hasen't lost as a profesional, hes that good.
            I assume you mean all his losses are undeserved.

Comment

I'd never heard of him and presumed Rios would blow him out in no time.

So I'd say yes he's definitely better than most thought and certainly I thought.

I think he's very good from what I saw in the Rios fight.

Comment

I think the Rios **** was a mix of exposure and drainage. Idiot couldn't make weight despite trying his ass off (or so we heard). He went through HELL in the amount of punches throw with bad intentions against Acosta, and the movement he had to catch up to was a lot more too.

That Rios didn't show up for Abril. You can argue the angles were different, the intangibles overall made for an entirely different approach - but you have to accept that Rios was also arguably dead at the weight. let's see what he makes of 140.

It's very possible he leaves it all in the gym though, as he'll most likely be Sparring partners with Maidana for every possible good match up at that weight now (Same goes for Maidana).

Soto, Matthysse, Herrera, Alvarado, Molina

The only men that can help Rios and Maidana prepare fully for these fights are each other IMO. Very possible they leave it in the gym. Hope not.

If you've been up to date with Seckbacs videos, you know that they will be working together pretty often as all the top 'boxers' of 140 have gone up to 147. Now it's a division full of bangers for the most part.

Exceptions being Marquez, Judah, Garcia and Peterson (Who is very easy to force into a brawl too).
                Last edited by intoccabile; 06-13-2012, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I definitely feel he should've deserved the Lundy victory. Think he fought Prescott to a draw, but don't really think he did enough to beat him, was a pretty uneventful fight.

His Miguel Acosta win doesn't get talked about as much, which surprises me. That fight was scored a lot closer than it should've been, and he knocked Acosta down 3 times.

Not a big fan of his style, and talent-wise I don't think he's nowhere on par with his cuban contemporaries. Although he's widely rated below Molina, Burns, and Murray, all 3 guys I think he can beat at Lightweight.

Comment

I say he's decent, but he's too inactive for a defensive fighter, or of what i saw from of him against Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                      I say he's decent, but he's too inactive for a defensive fighter, or of what i saw from of him against Rios.
                      That makes Rios less than decent then.

Comment

Working...
                      X