Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Compares The Danger of Wilder To a Young Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Macklin Compares The Danger of Wilder To a Young Mike Tyson

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder set his sights on Anthony Joshua after defending his world title with a brutal first-round knockout of Dominic Breazeale in New York. (photo by Ryan Hafey)

[Click Here To Read More]

And he’s going to concuss both Whyte and Joshua and bring Eddie and Barry to tears and the end of slaveroom

Comment

Make the fight already!!

Comment

No doubt Wilder’s power is the real deal but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves!

Prime Iron Mike Tyson with Kevin Rooney before prison was in another galaxy, it’s such a shame he didn’t have those truly worthy adversaries at the time to truly test his abilities and his own power against!

But I give Wilder credit, he truly has unique power!

He’s dropping and knocking out grown men outweighing him 30-45 pounds which is insane!

Wouldn’t want to take a punch from that man even if they pay me that’s for sure!

Comment

After this past Sat night’s fight, the thought crossed my mind, “is Wilder the hardest puncher I’ve ever seen?” I kinda dismissed it because “Hawk” Jackson had always been my #1, in a P4P sense of course. And I never even thought about a #2. Because whoever he is, he’s not in the same universe as Hawk. But I put some serious thought to comparing Wilder as a puncher to Hawk, and I kinda gave Wilder the edge. As hard as Hawk punched, he was KOing guys his size. Wilder is giving away 30, 40, 50lbs every time he steps in the ring, and he’s knocking guys senseless. It’s almost scary to think about what Wilder would do to guys his size. I’m not willing to says he’s a bigger puncher than Hawk. But he’s definitely in the conversation.

Comment

Wilder been blowing up the BoxingScene homepage! 😂

For real though, his power might be on par with Mike Tyson. He might even have more just because Wilders reckless aggression allows him to get more of his body and full weight into his punches, putting himself out of position defensively and leaving himself open.

Mike Tyson will always be better though. He had better technique, threw a better variety of punches, threw more punches, and I think Iron Mike took a punch better, but then again, the heavies are bigger now.

Mike fought in a tougher, 15 round era though.

Fun to compare the 2, they are 2 completely different styles.

Comment

His power is real but hes interesting because of his flaws and chin. Will you walk through 2 to get one? Ortiz almost did, but couldnt finish.

Joshua vs Wilder can be done in 1 with either guy winning. I'd favor Joshua but only slightly.

May the best man win, whenever they fight. Who cares about where there from. Just make the fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                No doubt Wilder’s power is the real deal but let’s not get too ahead of ourselves!

Prime Iron Mike Tyson with Kevin Rooney before prison was in another galaxy, it’s such a shame he didn’t have those truly worthy adversaries at the time to truly test his abilities and his own power against!

But I give Wilder credit, he truly has unique power!

He’s dropping and knocking out grown men outweighing him 30-45 pounds which is insane!

Wouldn’t want to take a punch from that man even if they pay me that’s for sure!
                Originally posted by b morph View Post
                Wilder been blowing up the BoxingScene homepage! 😂

For real though, his power might be on par with Mike Tyson. He might even have more just because Wilders reckless aggression allows him to get more of his body and full weight into his punches, putting himself out of position defensively and leaving himself open.

Mike Tyson will always be better though. He had better technique, threw a better variety of punches, threw more punches, and I think Iron Mike took a punch better, but then again, the heavies are bigger now.

Mike fought in a tougher, 15 round era though.

Fun to compare the 2, they are 2 completely different styles.
                Mike is probably the only guy we can compare Wilder to because at times, Mike faced similar weight disadvantages. But not to the extent Wilder is doing it. Even small heavyweights like Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano, and Jack Dempsey were fighting guys their size more times than not. And even when Mike was fighting, the super heavyweights weren’t the norm. Now days, if you aren’t 240lbs+, it’s gonna be hard to make it in the division. When Mike was fighting, it was still possible for a light heavyweight like Spinks to move up and be successful at heavyweight. Michael Moorer and Evander Holyfield were light heavyweights that moved up and won the legitimate heavyweight title. Holyfield was technically a cruiserweight. But he won an Olympic bronze medal as a light heavyweight. That doesn’t seem possible in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                  After this past Sat night’s fight, the thought crossed my mind, “is Wilder the hardest puncher I’ve ever seen?” I kinda dismissed it because “Hawk” Jackson had always been my #1, in a P4P sense of course. And I never even thought about a #2. Because whoever he is, he’s not in the same universe as Hawk. But I put some serious thought to comparing Wilder as a puncher to Hawk, and I kinda gave Wilder the edge. As hard as Hawk punched, he was KOing guys his size. Wilder is giving away 30, 40, 50lbs every time he steps in the ring, and he’s knocking guys senseless. It’s almost scary to think about what Wilder would do to guys his size. I’m not willing to says he’s a bigger puncher than Hawk. But he’s definitely in the conversation.
                  And let's not overlook the fact that Wilder's one-punch KO has to be one of the most swagged out one-punch KO's of all time. He folds Breazeale with an atomic bomb right hand, twirls, bows, and strolls to the neutral corner in one fell swoop!!

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    The weight thing is a bit misleading at HW. He's KO'ing guys 30 pounds heavier than him but a lot of the time that is just fat. If Breazale was in shape he'd be around 225 same as Wilder. HW's carry a lot of lard, especially the donkeys Wilder fights.

Put it this way if Hawks opponents didn't have to make weight and were carrying 30 pounds of fat, they were still going to sleep when JJ hit them.

Comment

Working...
                    X