Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foods, nutrients or drinks with the best healing properties?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foods, nutrients or drinks with the best healing properties?

is there such a thing?

i've always heard things like green tea, hojicha tea, and other various japanese teas have great healing properties.

what about foods and other nutrients? i assume omega-3's can be considered healing, perhaps protein too?

Healing what, specifically? You have to address the ailment.
    Sore muscles? Antioxidants (fruit and veg with strong color, tea, etc).
    Problem joints? Cissus herb, Omega3s, MSM, Gluc/Chond.
    Fatigue from dehydration? Electrolytes and trace minerals.

Then there's things that help other facets of health like aloe juice, yogurt, proteins high in omega 3s, etc.

The trick with supplementation or any kind of diet changes beyond a balanced diet is knowing what problems you're trying to address and supplementing for that problem.

Comment

As Redd Foxx said, What is it that you need healing for?

Make sure that you're eating in a caloric surplus and that your diet has a lot of protein and carbs. You'll be able to recover easilly from training. If you've got an injury that's really bad, either take time off for it to heal or try to work around it.

We can't give an opinion on all that green tea stuff because we don't know what you need healing from. Please elaborate if you can

Comment

like healing as far as overall soreness and fatigue to the body. and my eyes been feeling heavy and dry lately too.

Comment

What do you eat (like, literally list the types of things you eat)?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            What do you eat (like, literally list the types of things you eat)?
            hamburgers, grilled chicken, string cheese, microwave pizza, fruit smoothie, the typical amerian diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
              hamburgers, grilled chicken, string cheese, microwave pizza, fruit smoothie, the typical amerian diet.
              I think you know the answer then.
              Can't put shyt in the fuel tank and expect to run at full performance. Eat a typical American diet, expect to look and feel like a typical American. Supps won't fix that.
              Believe me, I've tried!

Comment

Jup thats a ****ty diet for an athlete.

Foods with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals help recovery.

So blueberry, raspberrys, mango, bananas, etc help your recovery but eating that won´t help too much if you still eat like ****.

Comment

like healing as far as overall soreness and fatigue to the body. and my eyes been feeling heavy and dry lately too.
                  Green tea has a lot of caffeine and should only be had during the day.

Study up on the glycemic indexes of foods, vary your caloric intake, clean proteins.

How often to you train? What kind of training are you doing.

Throw in yoga, stay flexible, and rest.

Don't consume garbage calories, or do so rarely.

Comment

Do you drink soda too? H2o is best!

Comment

Working...
                    X