Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring means nothing vs sparring means alot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring means nothing vs sparring means alot!

Tonights ibf championship fight should shed more light on this topic.. Many people say sparring doesnt mean a thing and many people also point to sparring as having a huge meaning as to why a fighter will win a fight..

The Danny Jacobs vs Sergiy fight should put to rest peoples theories on sparring! Some people say sparring dont mean anything, some people cant help but to point to sparring as to their reasons a fighter will beat another fighter..

Danny and sergiy have sparred over 300 rounds together. People in new york, brooklyn especially who are in the know in boxing say that sergiy gets the best of sparring vs danny.

Lets see what happens tonight under the bright lights in a REAL fight. Lets see if sparring means something or doesnt. Either way this will be a great determining factor!

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
    Tonights ibf championship fight should shed more light on this topic.. Many people say sparring doesnt mean a thing and many people also point to sparring as having a huge meaning as to why a fighter will win a fight..

The Danny Jacobs vs Sergiy fight should put to rest peoples theories on sparring! Some people say sparring dont mean anything, some people cant help but to point to sparring as to their reasons a fighter will beat another fighter..

Danny and sergiy have sparred over 300 rounds together. People in new york, brooklyn especially who are in the know in boxing say that sergiy gets the best of sparring vs danny.

Lets see what happens tonight under the bright lights in a REAL fight. Lets see if sparring means something or doesnt. Either way this will be a great determining factor!
    Do they? Who said that?

Anyways - what all the hundreds of rounds of sparring are really gonna mean is that both fighters will know exactly what traps to expect, what tells to look for and so on... each will be ready to neutralise the other, and both are skilled enough to do so. For me that aspect of it makes it an even more fascinating match up even though I'm not expecting some kinda high octane punchfest (although it's possible that either one of them could try going a bit wild to change the rules of the encounter as it were).

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Do they? Who said that?

Anyways - what all the hundreds of rounds of sparring are really gonna mean is that both fighters will know exactly what traps to expect, what tells to look for and so on... each will be ready to neutralise the other, and both are skilled enough to do so. For me that aspect of it makes it an even more fascinating match up even though I'm not expecting some kinda high octane punchfest (although it's possible that either one of them could try going a bit wild to change the rules of the encounter as it were).
      people in boxing circles here who have watched them spar. They share the same trainers and manager. This is just a weird fight it should be really interesting being they know each other so well and have sooo many rounds of sparring each other. The sky is the limit for danny if he can just beat sergiy tonight. ill be ringside.

Comment

Nah.... Its important

Comment

people in boxing circles here who have watched them spar. They share the same trainers and manager. This is just a weird fight it should be really interesting being they know each other so well and have sooo many rounds of sparring each other. The sky is the limit for danny if he can just beat sergiy tonight. ill be ringside.
          ..........who

Comment

Lucky bastard! I'll probably be fast asleep by then... used to stay up all hours for the big fights but I've got training in the a.m and my old ass can't keep up without my beauty sleep. You from Suffolk County then by any chance? Just a stab in the dark..

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Lucky bastard! I'll probably be fast asleep by then... used to stay up all hours for the big fights but I've got training in the a.m and my old ass can't keep up without my beauty sleep. You from Suffolk County then by any chance? Just a stab in the dark..
              hahahaha great guess lol. im kind of bummed myself being that dannys fight prolly wont start until midnight which means if he wins i wont be getting home until prolly like 3am smh. should b fun tho but if he loses its going to be a horrible ride home.

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                ..........who
                people who are very close to both of them. I think it was even mentioned here in the daily bread thread. Its generally known around boxing circles here. You can believe me or not its ok.

Comment

Stupid thread. If you told two race car drivers to go 70mph and one failed to control his speed and went 90, does that make him a better driver?

In sparring, you often have assh0les and tryhards to go harder than they should. The point of sparring is to prepare for a fight, not "win".

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Stupid thread. If you told two race car drivers to go 70mph and one failed to control his speed and went 90, does that make him a better driver?

In sparring, you often have assh0les and tryhards to go harder than they should. The point of sparring is to prepare for a fight, not "win".
                    100% this. Sparring is to work on weaknesses as well. Some can check the ego some can't.

Comment

Working...
                    X