Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev-Callum Johnson is Done For October 6, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnson obviously has a set or he wouldn't have signed for this fight. And obviously Beterbiev has big odds to stop Johnson. But I think the bigger question in my mind at least... Beterbiev has yet to go in there against a stiff challenge. And I guess the same could be said of Bivol. Meanwhile, Stevenson has fought Jack... and Kovalev has fought Ward twice. So I guess Beterbiev is in 'good company'.

Maybe in the coming year we'll see all LHW champs in tougher fights. We need it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Who gives a **** about Yarde? he sucks too! and Buglioni?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!
      Buglioni ****s on anyone who Yarde has beaten.
      By the way it was you that bought up Yarde in the first place.

At the end of the day, at least Johnson had the balls to accept the fight unlike many others.
      Good luck to him, i dont think he'll win though!

Comment

Originally posted by khal-d View Post
        It's an OK fight, but I don't get how this gets 10 subscribers in the States for DAZN outside of a few hardcore fans who like Beterbiev.

Beterbiev sold a few tickets in Canada, but that's over now after his promotional problems. Now he'll headline in the States, where no body knows him, against a guy who has 1) never headlined 2) never fought outside of the UK 3) best win is Buglioni.

FFS, if this is how you plan on building Boxing on DAZN, good luck! This would be, at best, the opening fight of a tripleheader on Showtime, or maybe Boxing After Dark level headliner.

Hoping that they announce a real main event to kick off DAZN with and relegate this trash to the undercard.
        Confirmed that it is an undercard fight and not the main event.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
          Is beterbiev the 'euro bum' or Johnson?
          He doesn't know what he's talking about he must be American.

Comment

Beerbiev's career has been a waste, after starting off in a blaze of glory he hasn't reached the heights he should have for such a talented fighter due to legal battles. Shame he is already 33 and had 12 professional fights, a waste of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
              Everyone from the IBF mandatory list refused to fight Beterbiev only Johnson had the balls to agree..IBF had no choice and either did Beterbiev he had to defend and it wasn't possible to get a unification fight due to his promotion issues.
              From Buglioni to Beterbiev, though? That's one of the biggest leaps I've seen any fighter take. I hope he doesn't get ruined when he's probably at least 3 or 4 fights away from peaking as a fighter - mainly due to his mediocre opposition. He'd be a fool not to accept Beterbiev, but this could go horribly wrong. Hope not as I've followed Callum since he was boxing as an amateur for Scotland.

Comment

[QUOTE=Marvlus Marv;18894766]From Buglioni to Beterbiev, though? That's one of the biggest leaps I've seen any fighter take. I hope he doesn't get ruined when he's probably at least 3 or 4 fights away from peaking as a fighter - mainly due to his mediocre opposition. He'd be a fool not to accept Beterbiev, but this could go horribly wrong. Hope not as I've followed Callum since he was boxing as an amateur for Scotland.[/QUOT

If he loses its not the end of the world he can always go back to domestic level fighting Yarde or a rematch with Frank B or top LHW. This is probably his one and only chance of a world title as all other cowardly contenders refused a chance to won a world title.

Comment

[QUOTE=Shane1091;18894915]
                  Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  From Buglioni to Beterbiev, though? That's one of the biggest leaps I've seen any fighter take. I hope he doesn't get ruined when he's probably at least 3 or 4 fights away from peaking as a fighter - mainly due to his mediocre opposition. He'd be a fool not to accept Beterbiev, but this could go horribly wrong. Hope not as I've followed Callum since he was boxing as an amateur for Scotland.[/QUOT

If he loses its not the end of the world he can always go back to domestic level fighting Yarde or a rematch with Frank B or top LHW. This is probably his one and only chance of a world title as all other cowardly contenders refused a chance to won a world title.
                  Berterbiev hasn't fought since last November which will be 11 months out come fight time so let's hope he's a bit rusty, but that'll probably mean he comes out like a man possessed. If he doesn't shock the world, it would be a victory of sorts if Callum could at least hear the final bell.

Comment

Beterbiev just finished ramadan so it need time to recover then start training camp. this is why its set in october. imo

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
                      Is beterbiev the 'euro bum' or Johnson?
                      That guys an idiot he should really be ignored

Comment

Working...
                      X