Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Peterson Peaked at 695K Viewers, Averaged 637K on SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what Errol made for that fight and the fact the Peterson has somewhat of a name. Those numbers aren't looking too good..

Comment

Damn, what a pity that Americans dont support their fighters, thats a pretty bad number. Wasn't Spence supposed to be the next superstar?

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Espinoza has taken the network a long way. Apparently there's a press conference tomorrow in NYC about PBC's cards coming on Showtime. Dan Rafael posted it on Twitter earlier. Apparently they're announcing 10+ cards or something like that.
        Showtime boxing sucks. 17 of the top 20 highest viewed premium cable fights were on Hbo and only 3 in Showtime. The inactivity of the Pbc fighters are really hurting the brand. Spence only fought once last year for christ sake how is he supposed to get more popular. Hbo had Loma Crawford Manny Ramirez Valdez and all of Top Rank all for themselves and they screwed up by not giving them enough cards. Now Top Rank on Espn took over the game

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          For what Errol made for that fight and the fact the Peterson has somewhat of a name. Those numbers aren't looking too good..
          What he allegedly made. I don't believe for a second they paid him 3 million and they won't confirm it which leads me to believe its a crock O' crap, but all pbc fighters are full of **** so it's not surprising

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
            What he allegedly made. I don't believe for a second they paid him 3 million and they won't confirm it which leads me to believe its a crock O' crap, but all pbc fighters are full of **** so it's not surprising
            I think you're mentally ill. Spence was paid $1.2 million. The purses and attendance (12,105) were released during the fight. Relax lol

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              That was before Showtime began allowing live streaming on their app, which isn't counted by Nielsen.
              Damn forgot about that too. I watch via streaming lol

Comment

not the best number,spence needs to be active to increase his fan base

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  I remember when showtime used to get close to a million viewers.
                  One could say the same about HBO also, difference is Showtime is showing growth in the age of streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    Showtime boxing sucks. 17 of the top 20 highest viewed premium cable fights were on Hbo and only 3 in Showtime. The inactivity of the Pbc fighters are really hurting the brand. Spence only fought once last year for christ sake how is he supposed to get more popular. Hbo had Loma Crawford Manny Ramirez Valdez and all of Top Rank all for themselves and they screwed up by not giving them enough cards. Now Top Rank on Espn took over the game
                    Lol... You know a guy is unbiased when he starts off with a whole network sucking? Especially after the phenomenal year Showtime had in 2017? Spence vs Kell Brook was a contender for fight of the year! Along with AJ vs Klitchkoe those fights did more for boxings brand than any last year. Showtime made boxing last year memorable. Btw- 2nd highest grossing PPV of ALL TIME was Mayweather vs McGregor also Showtime/PBC. You could mention that. What’s really funny is when PBC was doing similar or better numbers on NBC guys like you were hating on their success trying not to tune into great matchups. Didn’t Errol do 6 million viewers after the Olympics? Instead of congratulating the genius of the exposure you cried it was only because of the Olympics. Real fight fans. Now Top Rank gets access to ESPN’s viewership and it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Just say you are a Top Rank Loyalist with an agenda bro. Because let’s keep it real the matchups with the most viewers have been less than scintillating and if it wasn’t for Stephen A Smith’s show the telecast would have no... buzz whatsoever. PAC vs Horn was highest watched and it was a garbage match up around a guy with a following that would watch him clip his toe nails live. But I am in favor of any network and boxing entity collab offering free boxing. So unlike some I will watch ESPN and every network supporting the idea of having more free fights. Just hoping the match ups get more respectable. The roster o ESPN is too talented to be fighting tomato cans and the numbers appear to be going down show over show.

Comment

These are not good numbers no matter how anyone tries to spin it. All the meaningful fights last year on Showtime did at least 700k viewers. Spence has received more hype and exposure than almost every other PBC fighter, it's a shame Haymon hasn't been able to build him into a bigger star.
                      Last edited by Bob Haymon; 01-24-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X