No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    ????? Why? It's ok for Mikey Garcia to beat guys 1 weight class higher bit not Loma???
    Loma just fought a 48 year old who fought 3 rounds in the last 2 years. AND was 2 weight classea lower...
    No, but if Lomachenko is DEMANDED to box against Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford (both who are above his own natural weight division), then going by the same logic, reasoning and standard, both Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford should also box against Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin (against opponents above their own nautural weight divisions as well).

If Lomachenko shouldn't be ranked number 1 pound for pound because he hasn't beaten the likes of Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford yet. Then who else deserves to be ranked pound for pound number 1 because they accomplished better feats?

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      I like Loma, but Walters had a year lay off, Marriaga came from a lost and lower division. Guillermo had very low activity in recent yrs, was old, and two weight division lower. He needs to beat Berchelt or Davis.
      A lot of guys have a year long lay off. People are making way too much about the Walters fight. I give you the Marriaga fight which I found pointless but a ton of people picked Rigo to win and he only put on 8 pounds. Again, people move up all the time and Rigo probably would have beaten most 130 lbers.
      If Loma beats Berchelt, people will say that Berchelt never really beat anybody except Vargas who was shopworn. Same old story.

Comment

Loma is in th conversation but he's not a clear number 1. ESPN definitely has a bias putting him as their number 1. Golovkin and Crawford have a better case than Lomachenko. I don't rate the Rigondeaux win that high because it wasn't competitive and neither one had an opportunity to showcase their skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          If he beats Thurman yes.

If he beats Peterson? lmaooo
          That's why I clearly used the word "AND."

If he beats Peterson AND Thurman then he has just as good a resume as anyone else. If not better.

Comment

Mikey Garcia deserves a shout too. After all he actually beat Salido, didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              That's why I clearly used the word "AND."

If he beats Peterson AND Thurman then he has just as good a resume as anyone else. If not better.
              Peterson is irrelevant imo, that fight is a foregone conclusion, just a warm up for Spence.

Comment

Lomachenko

I have been following boxing since the 1960's and I find it hard to find another fighter with Loma's skills, I am not saying he is better than the greats but he is very special and I predict he will be mentioned as an all time great in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  No, but if Lomachenko is DEMANDED to box against Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford (both who are above his own natural weight division), then going by the same logic, reasoning and standard, both Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford should also box against Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin (against opponents above their own nautural weight divisions as well).

If Lomachenko shouldn't be ranked number 1 pound for pound because he hasn't beaten the likes of Mikey Garcia and Terence Crawford yet. Then who else deserves to be ranked pound for pound number 1 because they accomplished better feats?
                  Garcia is a NATURAL 135 lber fighting guys bigger ALREADY.

Canelo/GGG 160

160-135 = 25lbs.

135-130 = 5 lbs.

So for this to work and be FAIR Lomachenko JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT 154 lber

154-130 = 24lbs. See so 1 lb difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Mikey Garcia deserves a shout too. After all he actually beat Salido, didn't he?
                    Knocked him down like 5 times also. How many times Loma knock Salido down???

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
                      A lot of guys have a year long lay off. People are making way too much about the Walters fight. I give you the Marriaga fight which I found pointless but a ton of people picked Rigo to win and he only put on 8 pounds. Again, people move up all the time and Rigo probably would have beaten most 130 lbers.
                      If Loma beats Berchelt, people will say that Berchelt never really beat anybody except Vargas who was shopworn. Same old story.
                      How many move up two full weight classes at once and fight the BEST can you name that won???

Comment

Working...
                      X