Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr's training routine and diet (as of 2002)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Jr's training routine and diet (as of 2002)

After several rounds of warming up (and press ups) he did 12 rounds of boxing (pads/sparring/bags). Roy did 4 minute rounds all the time and then did 16 minutes each on speedball and floor-to-ceiling ball. This was followed by 1200 reps on the abs (he had gradually increased total ammount of reps on the abs over time) and 16 minutes of skipping before a stretch. He also ran 5 miles in the morning followed by squats. He played basketball after lunch. It took up 6-7 hours of his day. It is assumed that he always used that routine since splitting with his father.

Roy ate fruit for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch with some vegetables and pasta. He had a protein dinner which was usually some more chicken. He had never in his life had any alcohol or drug in him at all. When his father trained him he was also banned from womanising and even masturbation!

Apparently the only time he ever used weights to train his upper body was for the Ruiz fight, and that was the only time he ever worked with Don King too. He had promised himself never to use weights to train his upper body and also had promised himself never to work with Don King, but the Ruiz fight was a one-off and he considered it career-defining at the time.

Originally posted by JUYJUY
    When his father trained him he was also banned from womanising and even masturbation!

..............................................you find ways around that rule

Comment

Yeah, what man can go without sex or even masturbation? I know I couldn't...and with the drugs and alcohol it's possible I guess but he is a rapper and usually when rapper's are in the studio they aren't drinking pop...but you never know. JuyJuy name Eubank's training schedule!

Comment

Originally posted by InThisCorner
        JuyJuy name Eubank's training schedule!
        First I started my stretching, then
        3 rounds of shadow boxing,
        6 rounds of heavy bag work,
        3 rounds of speed ball,
        Skipping between 20 to 30 minutes non-stop, no break straight through.
        50 sit-ups, not crunches proper sit-ups.
        Stretching.
        Finish with 20 hits in the stomach with a medicine ball.

That was generally the routine.
        If I was sparring it was the same routine but without the bag work.

- from Eubank's forum

(I know that he used to run many miles on Bodmin Moor in preparation for fights too, sometimes even twice a day running)

Comment

Looks like Roy was overtraining to me

Comment

Originally posted by Moschino045
            Looks like Roy was overtraining to me
            It was more Eubank under-training if your comparing those two routines, Eubank always preferred quality over quantity. He felt that if he went too intense his arms would burn out and he wouldn't be able to train for days and this wouldn't keep him sharp, so Eubank preferred quality over quantity. Eubank also felt that taking a few med ball shots to the body conditioned him better to take a body shot than just doing loads of ab stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JUYJUY
              It was more Eubank under-training if your comparing those two routines, Eubank always preferred quality over quantity. He felt that if he went too intense his arms would burn out and he wouldn't be able to train for days and this wouldn't keep him sharp, so Eubank preferred quality over quantity. Eubank also felt that taking a few med ball shots to the body conditioned him better to take a body shot than just doing loads of ab stuff.

Yeah I noticed Eubank did VERY little ab work...One thing most people neglect in ab work is proper breathing. You can do 1000 crunches but if you dont hold and release at the right time they are void and really give you no gain. I assume Eubank held them for a short period of time and then relaxed and went back up when he did his crunches.

Comment

Not really I don't really worry much about my breathing and my abs get more and more gooder the more and more I do the sit upper..

Comment

Roy has NEVER drank in his life?

Watch MTV cribs when they go to Roy Jones house, then he has a BIG bottle of alcohol in his fridge, and says it is his favorite.

JUYJUY, you are FULL of ****...

#1. You said Robinson never hit heavybags which was bull****, he said he does in his biography

#2. I saw RJJ in MTV cribs with his liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
                    Not really I don't really worry much about my breathing and my abs get more and more gooder the more and more I do the sit upper..

I can hold a crunch with proper breathing and feel my abdominals burn.....Try it sometime, I use to do a lot of ab exercises close to 500 reps and I have cut back a lot and used some better breathing techniques and I think I have seen better results.

But everyone has a six pack it all comes down to dieting.

Comment

Working...
                    X