Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I doubt Ward will get that big money fight in Europe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking perhaps Ward could lure DLH out of rehab.

He'd make 10 million easy off of that one.

He don't need no more euro robots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
      The big money fights for Ward are Froch in England and Kessler in Denmark apart from the Chavez fight. Ward needs to accept that he isn't the money man even though he is the best fighter at 168. Why shouldn't he fight froch in England or Kessler in Denmark? they fought him in America after all. Ward's problem is that not only is he not all that exciting for the casual fan but he has a bland and off-putting personality. Ward always seems to have a chip on his shoulder and it looks like it is impossible for the guy to have fun.
      Yes I find him a little off putting as well. He just seems preoccupied with being ultra cool. It makes it hard to put the principal of his fighting skill before his personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        The euro-robot Kessler does make more than Ward.

I am not super convinced about Froch's popularity or earning potential, but Kessler does make bank.

Rich country, pricey seats, big promotions. TV revenue.

Pretty amazing actually considering it's so small.

But I agree Ward shouldn't fight those guys again. Chavez Jr, then retirement.
        Ward has said he wants to have a HW fight. So let him fight Klitschko for the all time clinchrecord blockbuster.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ward has said he wants to have a HW fight. So let him fight Klitschko for the all time clinchrecord blockbuster.
          I want to see it!

Sure people will say it's unfair one guy so much bigger than the other.

But life isn't fair.

And he'd make 10 million no problem if he fought Klit.

It would have to be in Oakland though so he'd have to be happy getting much less than he could in Europa

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            I want to see it!

Sure people will say it's unfair one guy so much bigger than the other.

But life isn't fair.

And he'd make 10 million no problem if he fought Klit.

It would have to be in Oakland though so he'd have to be happy getting much less than he could in Europa
            Ward should give some concessions if the fight is to be staged in jOakland though. Maybe a catch weight of 170 lbs.

Comment

• "But life isn't fair".

LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                No need for Andre Ward to go out there and fight Kessler or Froch. He beat both of them already these guys on here saying that Ward is boring just because he made them look awful and had them puzzled in their fights thats not his fault. Ward got them out of their game plan and had them mad and frustrated after their fights. They both got out worked and out classed and they both know it and these fan boys do too. Kessler vs Froch 3 needs to happen next.
                Of course he doesn't have to...

But if he wants another big big money fight he will most likely need to travel to it because he can't draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                  Of course he doesn't have to...

But if he wants another big big money fight he will most likely need to travel to it because he can't draw.
                  When he fights in his hometown he has a decent crowd out here. He gets 2 mill to fight here why would he go way out there and get paid the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    When he fights in his hometown he has a decent crowd out here. He gets 2 mill to fight here why would he go way out there and get paid the same.
                    I think he'd get more than $2 million to fight Froch or Kessler. The only currently really big American based fight for Ward is Chavez and he is an unreliable opponent to agree to fight plus I don't know to what extent his fan base is dwindling. Chavez does have the advantage of being an easy fight for Ward. He'd have to work a bit harder to beat Froch or Kessler again especially with them having the home advantage which can make a difference. I'm sure he'd still win though as he is a class above everyone at 168.

Comment

• Ward should retire.Nobody will miss him

Comment

Working...
                      X