No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Likes Canelo's Chances Against Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Are you convinced that ginger can stand up to Angulo's genuine jr middleweight power?? If so how have you come to that conclusion??
    No, not at all. I am convinced that Angulo can drop anyone in the Jr. Middle division, but actually connecting with that power is another story. Don't think Angulo has the footwork to catch Canelo. It will be hard for Anglo to connect while swallowing powerful body shots and a moving target.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
      No, not at all. I am convinced that Angulo can drop anyone in the Jr. Middle division, but actually connecting with that power is another story. Don't think Angulo has the footwork to catch Canelo. It will be hard for Anglo to connect while swallowing powerful body shots and a moving target.
      If Josesito & Gomez can land on ginger, what makes you think Angulo can't??

Comment

Canelo should fight a legit 154LB fighter?..well can't we say the same thing about Floyd who's listed as 154's #1 with only one fight in the division and having beaten a guy who didn't belong at 154 at all?.anyone who thinks Cotto is a legit 154 fighter is blind and dumb..Cotto fights at 154 because he's too damn lazy to make 147 although he's not build to fight at 154..too small, too overpowered and too slow and i'm a life long fan of Cotto saying this..so yeah I guess Canelo and Floyd have something in common they haven't fought a legit 154 fighter. Numerous boxers have pointed out why Cotto does not belong at 154 and why he's not a legit 154 fighter..are there guys he can beat? Yes, but he'll lose most of his fights at the weight.

Comment

mayweather takes the kid to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            If Josesito & Gomez can land on ginger, what makes you think Angulo can't??
            Josesito is much faster than Angulo. Gomez was connecting when Canelo was being an idiot and trying out his best Floyd Mayweather impression. Soon as Canelo stopped that crap and actually began boxing it was over for Gomez. Yes, early stoppage but let's face it he would of kissed the canvass again. I laugh when people say Gomez could have beat him. Right, in what planet?

Angulo is so slow. If he connects though, Canelo is out. Anybody is out for that matter, he packs a shot.

Reality is, we can sit here and analyze every match-up until we are blue in the face, but the fact of the matter is that people hate Canelo because of the way he is being managed. And I truly understand the frustration, but it's not the kids fault. He is a fantastic fighter. I always wonder what people would be saying if he had faced PWill or Ortiz or Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Canelo should fight a legit 154LB fighter?..well can't we say the same thing about Floyd who's listed as 154's #1 with only one fight in the division and having beaten a guy who didn't belong at 154 at all?.anyone who thinks Cotto is a legit 154 fighter is blind and dumb..Cotto fights at 154 because he's too damn lazy to make 147 although he's not build to fight at 154..too small, too overpowered and too slow and i'm a life long fan of Cotto saying this..so yeah I guess Canelo and Floyd have something in common they haven't fought a legit 154 fighter. Numerous boxers have pointed out why Cotto does not belong at 154 and why he's not a legit 154 fighter..are there guys he can beat? Yes, but he'll lose most of his fights at the weight.
              I don't even know what this "Canelo doesn't deserve Floyd" bullcrap all about. These folks are in awe of Floyd. Floyd and Canelo deserve each other.

Comment

who the hell is canelo fighting in may 4th first of all?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  who the hell is canelo fighting in may 4th first of all?
                  Seems like it's being kept under wraps. I wish it would be announced already, assuming that the opponent has been chosen.

Comment

You have to give Schaefer credit because the guy sure can talk up Canelo as a threat for Mayweather. Canelo hasn't fought anyone worth noting yet in his own division and dude even fought a 140LB fighter but yet his a challenge for Mayweather? Golden Boy is making a big mistake by protecting Canelo for so long because it never ends up a good look for protected fighters in the long run. How can Canelo get any better if the kid ain't never been tested to this day. Then they throw him in the ring with Mayweather and cash out on him.

Comment

canelo's a bigger threat than the former featherweight that floyd is about to fight

Comment

Working...
                      X