No announcement yet.

i sparred today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sparred today

and got my ass whipped thoroughly with ease. i forgot how much it hurts to get punched in the nose/ribs. i got stopped with a left hook to the body. hopefully i will do better next time.

taking my picture down now in shame

Nothing shameful in that. Now you are better from that experience. Next time you get in there, beat HIS ass

Comment

as long as you get back in the ring and strive to get better theres nothing wrong with it

Comment

everyone gets there ass kicked!!!!

i remember i sparred with a pro...

he was going easy but then i tagged him...

the bell rang but he didnt care...

he dropped me with a uppercut to the body

what doestn kill you makes u stronger i guess

Comment

the ones who become champion are the ones that show up the next day looking to do it again. everybody who fights has had days like you mentioned. It's all about doing just that little bit better the next time until you are standing your ground in there and then taking ground. But it takes time and dedication..............Rockin'

Comment

thank you. my plan for next time, maybe tomorrow, is to circle to the left and avoid his left hand at all costs.. and keep my right hand glued to my body. also try to move the **** out of my head and use my feet to basically avoid him the whole time lol

is it ok if i fight like a coward?

maybe i will keep my left down at my body and try to slip the jab, hopefully i dont get jacked with a hook. and keep my left high to block rights?

my biggest mistake was trying to do the philly shell because i want to be like james toney.

honestly i really dont know what to do.. this guy is bigger/taller and hits hard.
            Last edited by SkyKng; 07-19-2011, 11:33 PM.

Comment

nothing to be ashamed about, learn from it and come back stronger..

so the guy is bigger and stronger, he sounds like he likes to bully you around. hmm.. maybe you can try to counter him whenever he tries to step in. slip his jab, hard straight to the plexus or his chin and then MOVE OUT THE WAY! don't let him corner you or anything, be elusive and let him walk after you and do the work. both hands up, slip punches, and when you feel confident, counter hard and then MOVE OUT THE WAY! i haven't got a clear idea of how the dude fights, but i hope it helps.

Comment

You were trying the philly shell defense? lol My coach would smack me if I tried anything non conventional as an amatuer. I would focus on getting the basics down and being able to hold your own in sparring before trying things like the philly shell.
                Last edited by ChowAce; 07-20-2011, 03:29 AM.

Comment

dude get your guard up and start fighting. running will only get you into more trouble, he will sense that you are afraid and then hes gonna think he can do whatever he wants. stop running. get your guard up and attack. use your jab to keep him off you, that should be your bread and butter

nazeem richardson once said it best. nobody likes getting hit but you gotta do something about it (punching back). if you dont do something about it you may not have an option

Comment

On your time out study boxing and find out how you got beat and how u can challenge your opponent to get yourself better and find a style to beat him .I'll post up some good reading for you to try and take in and work on your boxing skill .
                    Last edited by alza1988; 07-20-2011, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X