No announcement yet.

how effective is standup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how effective is standup?

standup is definetly effective, but this depends on the person ur fighting. if they fight on the ground and have a good shoot its going to be hard to make ur stand up efefective. i love to watch two guys stand toe to toe!! but thats hard to come by. i have seen tons of street fights in my life, and only one time have i seen two guys stand toe to toe. it was an awsome fight!!! my personal opinion is that u need to know stand up as much as u need to know what ur doing on the ground.

My goal in a street fight is get them to the ground.Because most people don't know how to fight from the ground. But how do you get them to the ground. The answer is striking. So in my training i've been doing alot of striks and them shoot staright for a takedown. I also have been doing some defending of this. I wear the mits well someone is hitting them and trying to stop the takedown.

Comment

i have not trained to much stand up. i have trained a little muay tai for a few months.

when i fight, my goal is to shoot at their legs or someting and get them on the ground. i am a small guy, so i can't stand too long, but i can manuvuer preaty well on the ground cause of my size which makes me able to beat the piss outta someone. i can work some kind of submission with punches and knees, maaaaaaaaaad elbows and such. and i ain't gotta worry about nothing else. i can get up and roll out and they are alredy placed on the floor, as i made them.

however, stand up is vital, cause if you don't have the takedown, especially on a person that is tremndous in size..... you have to exchange a few and recieve a few. as long as you can land some powerful punches in accoradance with your take down...... you are straight.

Comment

I just put the one hitter quitter on em, they always go to the ground like glass joe.

Seriously, you have to have standup in your repetoire, all fights start standing.

Comment

Stand up is effective, although in a streetfight I can use stand up for only so long before I start to get winded and they get the best of me so I usualy go for a head and arm and control the fight from the ground.......

Comment

95% of fights end up going to the ground.

100% of fights start standing.

Standup is very vital, especially when fighting someone with a sprawl.

Comment

i agree with James.

it is very vital, very much needed.... i think not as much as ground work cause if you get punched to the ground, then you can work your ground game.

but it is very vital, cause in trying to get to the ground with no stand up game can end up in a KO. so you have to be well rounded if you want to win. but to answer the question..... it is NEEDED.

Comment

Stand up is very important IMO...but even more important is being able to read your opponent and see what he is going to do. Being able to read what someone is going to do is priceless

Comment

thats true. its a nice feeling to know ur one step ahead. but thats a skill that take hella time to learn. u cant learn that on the street. u would have to be fighting like 3 times a week.

Comment

Thats true...I guess the closest you could get to it is by training Vale Tudo almost exclusively, only sparring. You would soon pick up how people carry themselves for different types of fighting...

Comment

Working...
                    X