Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlas claims report with $9m USD paid to AIBA for AZE gold medals!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M0NZ0N View Post
    I can't find this video anywhere
    If you're in the US : http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/box...-decision.html

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Man I told you about these olympics in that other thread. And why even superstars of the sport would get the shaft in the olympic system.

That was f'ed up to watch. I wanted to crack that ref's jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Incase anyone missed it, there was an Azerbaijan -vs- Japan bantamweight bout today at the London Olympics. It saw the AZE fighter knocked down multiple times in the 3rd round without receiving an 8 count, and it appeared he was not fit to continue. The fighter who should have been stopped, shockingly won the decision..

Teddy Atlas mentioned he was aware of a report regarding Azerbaijan paying 9 million USD to AIBA in return for 2 gold medals at the London Olympics. I apologize if I have any of these details incorrect. I just happened to google what Atlas said and here is what came up. The article is old, but I think now in light of the AZE/JAP olympic travesty, maybe this will be looked more into. Here it is:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...ic-gold-medals

AIBA has since overturned the fight:
        Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
        They did the right thing. AIBA overturned result of Satoshi Shimizu (Japan)-Magomed Abdulhamidov (Azerbaijan) bantamt bout. Shimuzu advances

But these Olympic rules and how they're being administered is madness. Common sense would dictate that after this blatant incompetence/corruption? Olympic boxing should see some level of reform now.

Please discuss
        yeah bro, i saw it too...kid was dropped 6 times and the rules state the fight should bve stopped after a 3rd kd. These refs for boxing in the olypics have been blowing it!

Comment

What a ****in disgrace. Every time you feel that something good can come out for boxing, it turns around and ****s things up even more. As if we don't got enough issues in the professional circuit, but now ****'s ****in up here too. Good job IOC, good ****in job!

Comment

Working...
          X