Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard vs Pernell Whitaker at 147. Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leonard would be too big for Pernell to handle.

Comment

Ray Leonard was bigger, faster, stronger, hit much harder and took a punch better. Whitaker had a better defense but that's not enough to keep Leonard from an easy win in my opinion.Leonard had a much better offense.

Comment

Based on the troubles Leonard had with Kalule, and the fact that it is Pernell Fu*king Whitaker, I think Leonard would have his hands full with Whitaker.

But Ray still clearly wins a decision.

Comment

Wow, I was not expecting that one sided a poll. Leonard by close UD, what a fight it would be.

Comment

As much as I love Pernell, I just think that Ray would have been much too big for him at Welter.

Comment

Would be a good fight.

But Leonard takes it by Unanimous Decision.

Comment

leonard via knockout if it's a 15 round fight

maybe even a 12 round fight

leonard was very strong at ww and he could crack. he had gears beyond simply boxing. he could be a bit of a savage in there.

i think he'd move forward on whitaker and try and take his soul

duran was a defensive wizard himself, but he had the firepower to get leonard's respect and make him box

i dont think whitaker could put a dent in leonard's chin, which was fantastic.

Comment

Well, we've already seen a version of it. Benitez was as skilled defensively as Pea, but had much more firepower and was Leonard's size. He didn't have Pea's full defensive range, but he had as much skill defensively at the ropes, and counter punching.

Leonard for me.

Comment

I didn't think the pole would be this wide for Leonard.

Comment

Ray would probably be to big for Whitaker, who was really a lightweight fighting at welterwight after 1992. But i doubt Ray would be able to stop "Sweat Pea" or outclass him.

In my eyes Whitaker was if not the best but top 3 best pure boxer i have ever seen. And he had a fantastic and underrated jab, that people seams to have forgotten.

Even older and a step slower, Whitaker matched (and beat) a prime Oscar, outjabbed him and showed better ring generalship in there fight in my mind.

Rays size and strenght would be to much for Whitaker, but still i think Sweat Pea would make it close after 12 somewhat boring rounds, with both fighters showing there world class boxing skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X