Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse To Critics: Put on Gloves, Get To Where I Am!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    This right here. I find no fault in his decision.

But he lacks the inhuman " I get the **** up " quality someone like JMM has. Just doesnt have it. He is still a top boxer, but lacks extra gears
    man, even jmm for a brief second thought about it after 3rd kd in 1st pac fight.

it's human nature.

that's actually the purpose of PAIN. it's your body telling your brain to stop what it's doing or let you know there's a problem.

but i guess the tough guys here don't feel pain.

some types of quitting deserves criticism.

this one not really. he took a monster shot. most guys wouldve been ktfo tbh.

Comment

Lucas is always humble and respectful in defeat and I didn't see it as a quit as such, more a reaction of panic.

I wouldn't want to be in the position of having my eye open, but seeing nothing. Then have a 10 second time limit on whether I get it checked out, or make it worse.

A pretty simple decision for Lucas I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        Clinchers like him and Klitschko can have great success but they'll never be greats fighting like that. It's horrible to watch.
        Yup, could not agree more. With all that grabbing, holding and headbutting, he reminds me on Andre Ward. Horrible to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Well if thats the case he dont need to be a fighter. A guy who comes from a family of fighters...I expect him to know that. You know what you signed up for the minute you get in the ring. The second you lace up. Anything can happen and your life is on the line. So if he thinks along those line than he dont need to box anymore. He did the same shlt with Garcia. He just coasted to 12. Luckily it was Garcia. If you condone fighters who quit thats cool. I see you the type who'd get punched in the face and run like a bltch.
          First of all I'm not here to defend Lucas since that is not my job. However, who the hell died and made you the boxing rule maker? I mean if the guy wants to fight 20 more times and quit that is his right to do so. I don't get how you can sit there and say, "So, if he thinks along those lines then he doesn't need to box anymore." Are you serious? He can do whatever the hell he wants. As far as I know you mean nothing in his life so who the hell cares what you think? You talk a big game on the keyboard but that's easy to do since you are not the one putting your life on the line.

Look, I was shocked myself when that happened because I as well as everyone else expect so much more from boxers like him. Now, I no longer have the same expectations from him and that's fine but I'm not going to sit here and demand that the guy quit from boxing...who the hell am I to do that? I'm only a fan and if I don't like him as a boxer anymore then you know what I'll do? You guessed it...I won't watch his fights anymore. It's simple as that. But don't come up in here all mighty and *****...foreal! Get off that homy!

Comment

Pathetic. Now he is dealing with the consequences of quitting and he's all pissy like a sissy. Even more respect lost. You are a quitter Lucant Maquitssy, you will have to deal with your NO MAS for the rest of your life.

Way to go tarnishing your warrior status and reputation. When the going gets tough, Maquitssy QUITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
              people act like matthysse hasnt fought with a badly swollen eye

going temporarily blind and feeling a pop in your head is very different from that
              I didn't want to believe it until now... Danny Garcia ruined the machine and gave him doubt.

Matthysee caught a glimpse of that experience when he quit last Saturday; not worth continuing.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
                I didn't want to believe it until now... Danny Garcia ruined the machine and gave him doubt.

Matthysee caught a glimpse of that experience when he quit last Saturday; not worth continuing.
                Agree with the second part here and I am a fan of The Machine. The right by Postol was halfway extended before he threw it, it's not like he knocked Matthysse down, Lucas just took a knee. And the way he sat there you would have thought the hook Frazier landed on Ali 1 had connected on Lucas. Stunned he didn't get up. Trying to remember if Provo landed anything as clean as the right by Postol - don't think he did. Could we have seen the same thing if he had?

Comment

When Lucas stops because he he felt his eye was injured badly he's labelled a quiter

When Magomhed refuses to quit he gets brain damaged and everyone feels sorry for him

boxing is funny

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Who's talking about Broner? Stop deflecting. We laugh cause Lucas was supposed to be this mystical killer and he quit

Broner risks his health just like Lucas and didn't quit in a hard 12 rounds yet everyone laughed at him. It's not that serious
                    He is a killer, he's an aggressive puncher that can spark you. Man some of you really hate guys that are fun to watch and actually have power, you seem to wonder why guys like Matthysse or Golovkin are called killers and why someone like Andre Ward isn't.

Funny.

Comment

Every man has their breaking point. Boxing fans, the same ones who roll around calling themselves "real fans" one minute talk about taking unneeded punishment and then turn around and claim someone is a quitter. Well which one is it, he gave us ten rounds. It's not like he pulled a Rubio.

Comment

Working...
                      X