Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heart or chin, which is more important?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart or chin, which is more important?

What do you think is more vital for a great fighter to have?

If a fighter has a ton of heart, but a glass jaw, he will likely be dropped many times, but you could always count on him to try and get up, even if he is badly hurt.

If a fighter has a solid chin, but not much heart, he will be hard to drop, but if he does get dropped, he might not be 100% in the fight anymore and would be in there to survive more than fight.

Which do you think is more important?

a solid jaw is more important

Comment

Lamb & Mint
      Pork & Apple
      Beef & Horsraddish
      Chicken & Cranberry
      Beer & Cigs
      Heart & Chin

They all go hand in hand.. This question is tough.. But I've written HEART first...

Comment

heart. bcuz it isnt just used in the ring but in training. u need both, but heart is way more importnat than any other aspect of boxing. everyone knows that. i mean weather or not u have a good chin is irrelevant if u want to quit after a couple good shots to the body. and u will if your heart isnt there. a boxer can go some places with a weak chin, he cant go nowhere if he aint got no heart.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          heart. bcuz it isnt just used in the ring but in training. u need both, but heart is way more importnat than any other aspect of boxing. everyone knows that. i mean weather or not u have a good chin is irrelevant if u want to quit after a couple good shots to the body. and u will if your heart isnt there. a boxer can go some places with a weak chin, he cant go nowhere if he aint got no heart.
          Agreed.... Very well put...

Comment

Probably chin, although heart can compensate for it in exceptional cases.

Comment

Heart. Legit KO punchers are rare. Heart carries a fighter thru more than simply bein hit.

Comment

Chin.

Chin isn't something you can train for, it's something you're gifted with. Heart can be achieved through motivation. Everyone can be motivated in some way.

Comment

I would say the chin, without a decent chin the fighter might not get the chance to prove his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    I would say the chin, without a decent chin the fighter might not get the chance to prove his heart.
                    Trust you to piss on my fireworks lol

HHC has always been my combo (heart, handspeed, chin) cos every thing else can be trained & developed... That's what makes this a toughie..
                    However.... Take a look at ASSASSINS 1st post.. I do think he puts it rather well... MM

Comment

Working...
                    X