Ben Askren is a ****in pussay...1st MMA champion ****sexual

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Askren is a ****in pussay...1st MMA champion ****sexual

"I'm not impressed by bonus chasing losers like Leonard Garcia..."

"I think people like that are losers because, in my mind, a fight's about winning, not about putting on a show. We're not singers, we're not actors, we are mixed martial artists or fighters or athletes, whichever way you wanna do it and that's about winning ... When you're fighting for 25 minutes, every fan and their mother can talk **** about this and that and don't finish fights. Well, why don't they get in there and fight for 25 minutes? That's a long time. And you got to win before you show. I mean, people that show on top of winning, say Anderson Silva, that dude now he's a showman but he's also won, what, 13 fights in a row? So, obviously, he can do it. And there's people like Leonard Garcia who goes out and puts on a show but he's like 3-5 in his last 8 fights. Like, c'mon dude."
    Anybody who takes pride in laying in between another man's legs for 25 minutes is a straight **** in my book. I'm sorry but THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD FROM AN MMA CHAMPION. Way to win yourself some fans mane.

Are you serious? I think he forgot who really gives Bellator the money to sign his paycheck. This guy is the absolute reason why I hate wrestling in MMA.

I agree with him. I value substance over style. It's one of the reasons why I liked the spurs and pistons when everyone hated them. It's also one of the reasosn why I listen to rappers like black star and illogic over guys like lil wayne and 50 cent.

I'd rather see the real thing. I don't want some guy going in there just striking or throwing wildy to please fans that can't appreciate the intricacies of fighting.

I want to see a real chess match where real techniques and strategy is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by the traveler View Post
      I agree with him. I value substance over style. It's one of the reasons why I liked the spurs and pistons when everyone hated them. It's also one of the reasosn why I listen to rappers like black star and illogic over guys like lil wayne and 50 cent.

I'd rather see the real thing. I don't want some guy going in there just striking or throwing wildy to please fans that can't appreciate the intricacies of fighting.

I want to see a real chess match where real techniques and strategy is involved.
      I get you. I love watching Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins box and I loved watching Mark Coleman & Kevin Randleman fight, they were 2 of my favorites and they were GNP fighters who actually threw bombs on top and it only got to lay and pray towards the end of there fights because they always gassed.

But this guy goes out there and straight up calls Garcia a loser and brags about laying on top of somebody and not trying to finish. That's some biitch ass *****. Theres nothing technical about lay and pray after the takedown. If everybody fought like that MMA wouldn't even exist because only you and probably 25 other people would want to watch that. Without Chuck, Silva, Rampage, and PRIDE this sport wouldn't exist.

PRIDE rules should be the offical rules of MMA, period.

Comment

I liked the pride rules and agree about that. I think it should be pride rules with elbows on the ground allowed.

I think he was making a joke, like, there are guys like anderson silva that are so good that they entertain while winning. Those guys are fine to him. He's just saying on the other hand you can have a guy like garcia and wanderlei silva who just fight for the fans and throw out technique and strategy in order to please certain fans.

I really can't stand like fighters like this, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them losers. I guess I'm the opposite because I never really liked wanderlei silva after I read that he fights the way he does because of fans. It made me feel like he wasn't a complete fighter and that I wasn't getting the real, full thing from him.

Sure people like Rampage and chuck are what made mma.
        The majority of people, mostly americans like flash and instant gratification. What's mainstream? bling bling rap, fast food and ****. I understand the need for instant gratification and am not trying to act like I don't fall prey to it also, but if a guy feels like he needs to hold another guy down to win and CAN do it, I'd encourage him to do so whether or not it isn't pleasing to some fans.
        Last edited by the traveler; 04-11-2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the traveler View Post
          I liked the pride rules and agree about that. I think it should be pride rules with elbows on the ground allowed.

I think he was making a joke, like, there are guys like anderson silva that are so good that they entertain while winning. Those guys are fine to him. He's just saying on the other hand you can have a guy like garcia and wanderlei silva who just fight for the fans and throw out technique and strategy in order to please certain fans.

I really can't stand like fighters like this, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them losers. I guess I'm the opposite because I never really liked wanderlei silva after I read that he fights the way he does because of fans. It made me feel like he wasn't a complete fighter and that I wasn't getting the real, full thing from him.

Sure people like Rampage and chuck are what made mma.
          The majority of people, mostly americans like flash and instant gratification. What's mainstream? bling bling rap, fast food and ****. I understand the need for instant gratification and am not trying to act like I don't fall prey to it also, but if a guy feels like he needs to hold another guy down to win and CAN do it, I'd encourage him to do so whether or not it isn't pleasing to some fans.
          are all your posts this good ?

this is the only skill he has and he is paying the bills with it today.
          it can be boring
          but gives a good interview this will help him
          some wrestlers get better with training we'll see
          pride rules good

Comment

the only reason he is saying that is because he doesn't have the ability to earn bonuses. He doesn't know anything else other than wrestling so he is being a soar puss. He's just jealous because he wants those bonuses and he knows he'll never get one.

Comment

Umm...

Am I the only one who saw that manly thumping that he put on Nick Thompson?

He's a developing prospect, but I like what I see so far.

Comment

Even though we all like entertaining fights I have to agree and the idea is to win your fights first and foremost.

Comment

Really the biggest problem with wrestling is it's just not fair. If you have great wrestling your pretty much a shoe in to be a top contender in the UFC. It's ridiculous that they don't have to be a well rounded fighter to make it to the top. It's mixed martial arts but wrestling it's just wrestling without the pin a lot of times. Not just calling out Askren but he's one of the main people.

Then he goes out and calls Garcia a loser. 80% of the people that buy UFC PPV's I bet would rather pay to see the "loser" fight over one of Ben Askren in a title fight ANYDAY if they found out who he was and watched his fights. People want to see a fight.

I don't mind Ground and pound. But most people don't even use it. They just lay on them and stall. I loved guys like Mark & Kevin, Tito, GSP(his ground and pound was ruthless back in the day), Rampage, Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch and even Sean Sherk. I agree winning has to be more important but at the end of the day people aren't going to want to see you if all your doing is laying on somebody for 25 minutes and only doing pointless transitions for 5 rounds just so the ref don't stand it up.

Jon Fitch 10x> then Ben Askren. I don't think Fitch deserves half the ***** he gets because he completely trashed Thiago Alves, had a few good slams and actually attempts submissions. I like that kind of wrestling used and appreciate it.

Comment

First of all, there was no lay and praying in his fight the other night.

Second of all, I much prefer to see a guy go out and put on a high tempo display of high level technical grappling than to go out and swat air for three rounds only to then recieve a gift decision.

Thirdly, Askren is a much better athlete then Garcia and Garcia is a douche.

Fourthly, Askren was only speaking his mind imo and I respect that.

Too many knee jerk reactions going on here imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X