No announcement yet.

Is Deontay Wilder #1 at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    After the draw to Fury idk that there is much of an argument one can have that Wilder is #1. And idk that there was much of an argument pre-Fury. I considered Wilder #2 previous to Fury & now consider him #3 cuz I thought Fury won the fight.

I think AJ vs Wilder is probably a 60/40 AJ fight. Wilder's power is a equalizer & AJ isn't THAT good.

Fury vs AJ is probably a 70/30 Fury fight. I don't think this is a great matchup for AJ. I think AJ has less ability to land crazy power on Fury like Wilder did & AJ's never going to outbox Fury. Fury will do AJ like he did Wladimir with as much confidence or close to it I'd bet.

One thing I'll say about Fury with the Wilder rematch specifically but in general with Fury's future is I think he kinda got f#cked up by those KD's specifically that 2nd one vs Wilder. I don't necessarily mean physically, but I mean mentally, confidence-wise I think it f#cked with him. And I'm not entirely sure he wants another big fight anytime soon & not unlike with him jumping up to fight Wilder out of nowhere that had me questioning Fury's chances I kinda feel like when AJ or Wilder pop up as next for Fury I'll be having doubts about Fury mentally being ready once again.

But just thinking about the fight assuming all things are on the up & up as much as they can be with Fury I tend to think he's a 60/40 favorite over Fury in a rematch.

And this is assuming all fights would happen next cuz obviously we are always learning new info about fighters as they progress in their career & with Fury specifically I think he could go entirely off the rails despite being the best talent in the HW division right now even if I don't have him #1 yet (still gotta win the fights).
    So, a cruiserweight Cunningham and a nobody Neven Pajkic can knock Fury down...but the best heavyweight in the world with an almost 100% KO % CANNOT knock him down?????? AJ just doesn't have the goods huh? Hahahahaha man y'all kill me with this stupid ****.

Comment

The recent training footage speaks for itself.

This time there are no injuries, no sickness, no setbacks.

At 225 lbs. and in peak physical condition, Wilder is unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        Why is it a garbage thread? The purpose of the thread is to gauge how many people really do rate Wilder as the best in his division. Just cast your vote without inciting petty arguements brony, thanks.
        the poll is pretty accurate.

no one can be considered number one without fighting the number one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          So, a cruiserweight Cunningham and a nobody Neven Pajkic can knock Fury down...but the best heavyweight in the world with an almost 100% KO % CANNOT knock him down?????? AJ just doesn't have the goods huh? Hahahahaha man y'all kill me with this stupid ****.
          You saying I'm stupid while you mentioning old sh^t like it matters is sorta hilarious I'll admit. Oscar got dropped by journeyman Narcisco Valenzuela too. SRL got dropped by Kevin Howard. I could give examples of weird ass KD's all day probably it wouldn't change your opinion about nothing probably cuz your mind is on some simple sh^t.

Also worth noting Klitschko couldn't knock him down. And then Klitschko almost killed Joshua after he couldn't touch Fury.

Sometimes sh^t don't make sense in boxing. Sometimes styles make fights. And with a guy like Fury who's up & down & he's motivated & he's not motivated. He's knowing someone is a threat & he's knowing someone isn't a threat. That sh^t makes a difference.

Thats why I switched from Wilder to Fury late cuz I saw Fury was taking the fight seriously like he took Klitschko seriously.

Look if Fury doesn't take Wilder OR Joshua seriously in the future he could very well lose to either of them as I mentioned. Mental sh^t & motivation is even more important for Fury than it is for these other guys. If this Whyte thing happens & he doesn't take Whyte seriously enough he could even lose to him. But if Fury is on point enough there isn't a man at HW who can beat him any time soon that I see.

The dude looks goofy as f#ck. But that mfer can fight better than these cats who look like they were cast in a movie about the most dominant HW champion ever, but got holes in their skill game you could drive a f#cking semi truck through.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            You saying I'm stupid while you mentioning old sh^t like it matters is sorta hilarious I'll admit. Oscar got dropped by journeyman Narcisco Valenzuela too. SRL got dropped by Kevin Howard. I could give examples of weird ass KD's all day probably it wouldn't change your opinion about nothing probably cuz your mind is on some simple sh^t.

Also worth noting Klitschko couldn't knock him down. And then Klitschko almost killed Joshua after he couldn't touch Fury.

Sometimes sh^t don't make sense in boxing. Sometimes styles make fights. And with a guy like Fury who's up & down & he's motivated & he's not motivated. He's knowing someone is a threat & he's knowing someone isn't a threat. That sh^t makes a difference.

Thats why I switched from Wilder to Fury late cuz I saw Fury was taking the fight seriously like he took Klitschko seriously.

Look if Fury doesn't take Wilder OR Joshua seriously in the future he could very well lose to either of them as I mentioned. Mental sh^t & motivation is even more important for Fury than it is for these other guys. If this Whyte thing happens & he doesn't take Whyte seriously enough he could even lose to him. But if Fury is on point enough there isn't a man at HW who can beat him any time soon that I see.

The dude looks goofy as f#ck. But that mfer can fight better than these cats who look like they were cast in a movie about the most dominant HW champion ever, but got holes in their skill game you could drive a f#cking semi truck through.
            Congrats, I've never seen anyone write so much, and say so little. And yes, you are stupid if you think AJ can't KO both Wilder AND Fury. That's why neither of them will fight him. no matter how much Hearn offers to pay them. And oh, AJ KOed Klitschko, Fury could not. As a matter of fact, Fury won round 3 of their fight and the punch stats were 2 to 1 hahaha. He landed just twice in a round. Pathetic.

Comment

I have it Fury, AJ, Wilder. So no.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                Congrats, I've never seen anyone write so much, and say so little. And yes, you are stupid if you think AJ can't KO both Wilder AND Fury. That's why neither of them will fight him. no matter how much Hearn offers to pay them. And oh, AJ KOed Klitschko, Fury could not. As a matter of fact, Fury won round 3 of their fight and the punch stats were 2 to 1 hahaha. He landed just twice in a round. Pathetic.
                Yawn at you cats who think "your guy" can win every fight by KO.

Joshua looked like he got murdered by that old ass mfer. Fury made that old ass mfer look like a old ass mfer.

But alas bye Felicia you bore me with your simplistic belief about fighters you believe to be magical despite having holes in their game you can drive a truck through.

Comment

Undecided until there is a Joshua fight and Fury rematch. Fury, Joshua or Wilder, how are you supposed to choose without definitive evidence?? Same thing goes for all the other weight classes (Like welter) where the divas at the top spend more effort talking than fighting.

Comment

AJs #1 right now no doubt but if AJ continues to fight nothing but 2nd tier HWs And goes
                    Another 1 - 1 1/2 years without facing any of the divisions biggest threats

then I’d say Wilder if he keeps winning should by that point leap frogged AJ and be the #1 for 1 reason . He has shown he’s actively chasing down the divisions biggest threats and will have probably have fought Ortiz 2x and Fury even though it was a draw and
                    Most thought he lost. Officially it was a draw he was the one that wanted the rematch he should be given the #1 spot for his willingness to fight The best. That should mean something.

Comment

I have him 3rd. Joshua has a better overall record and imo Fury got the better of him in their match as well

Comment

Working...
                      X