No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez is Making Big Waves in The Amateur Ranks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Ramirez is Making Big Waves in The Amateur Ranks

In every sport there is a time when an athlete comes along whose promise is greater than most. A prodigy whose natural skill and ability heavily separate him from everyone else and the expectations are remarkably high.

[Click Here To Read More]

Here's the Ramirez vs. Lomachenko fight.

Jose got screwed big time by the judges, especially in that second round. I thought he won the 2nd and 3rd pretty clearly plus landed more punches overall.

It would be a shame if he doesn't make the Olympic team because of this. Especially since that fight serves as valuable experience for him going forward.

Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-28-2011, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Jose got screwed big time by the judges, especially in that second round. I thought he won the 2nd and 3rd pretty clearly plus landed more punches overall.

It would be a shame if he doesn't make the Olympic team because of this. Especially since that fight serves as valuable experience for him going forward.

No he wasn't. The robbery would have been if they had given the fight to Ramirez. Throwing a ton of punches that don't connect, doesn't give you any points.

Comment

Jose wouldve beat lomachenko if it wasnt for the home cooking!!!

Comment

war ramirez

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I hope this was not a serious point. No way Ramirez won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post

No he wasn't. The robbery would have been if they had given the fight to Ramirez. Throwing a ton of punches that don't connect, doesn't give you any points.

Lomachenko ***NOT*** throwing punches because he was in survival mode due to Ramirez' strength sure as hell didn't win him the fight either. As for Ramirez.........WOW! He made a more mature Olympic champ with alot more experience look weak. Ramirez landed more punches, Lomachenko got on his bike in the 2nd.

Comment

Lomachenko stopped throwing punches in the 2nd, put his bike in survival gear and hauled ass!
                Last edited by TheMexHurricane; 12-28-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Cool! Another good American prospect. Latinos showing pure class.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                    I hope this was not a serious point. No way Ramirez won that fight.
                    I'm being absolutely serious, brother.

Lomachenko connected with the harder shots but he landed far fewer times than Ramirez. And this is supposed to be amateur boxing, where the points scored matter more than how hard you hit.

Or at least that's the reason they give us every time an American is given a questionable decision. Maybe they are moving the goal posts now that we have a guy who is beating them at their own game.

In any case it would be a travesty if Jose doesn't get on the Olympic squad.

Comment

Working...
                    X