Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Tale-Of-The-Tape:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Tale-Of-The-Tape:

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Tale-Of-The-Tape

Boxing is all about the measurables and with the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight inevitably going to happen our fight picks experts decide to take a look behind the numbers. Both of these fighters have defeated a who’s who of past contenders and champions with sterling results. Pacquiao, 50-3-2, 38 KO’s, is a man on a mission that is carrying the weight of the Philippines on his back. “Money” Mayweather, 40-0, 25 KO’s, is the untouchable villain that is arguably the best fighter of his generation until proven otherwise.

The Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Boxing Betting Odds should have Mayweather at -160 at BetUs.com.

Most of the general betting public is rooting for the smaller Pacquiao to shut Mayweather’s loud mouth once and for all, but is it a good bet? The age old saying in boxing is that when two fighters of equal ability collide that the bigger man wins. Our fight picks staff has established in our pre-fight analysis that Mayweather is not only a slightly more skilled fighter but also the bigger fighter. Below is the size and style match-up head-to-head. Pacquiao’s swarming style will face a master boxer in Mayweather. The key match-up will be the Pac-man’s offense against the Pretty Boy’s defense. The Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Boxing Betting Odds give Mayweather a 61% chance of winning.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Tale-Of-The-Tape:

Floyd Mayweather Tale-of-The Tape

Ht. 5'8"
    Wt. 147 (153 Fight Night Weight)
    Arm Length: 24.5”
    Reach 72"
    Style: Boxer\Counterpuncher
    Best Punch: Straight Right
    Rounds Fought: 287
    Trainer: Roger Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao Tale-of-The Tape

Ht. 5'6"
    Wt. 145 (145 Fight Night Weight)
    Arm Length: 23”
    Reach 67"
    Style: Southpaw Darter/Volume Puncher
    Best Punch: Straight Left
    Rounds Fought: 305
    Trainer: Freddie Roach

Size matters yeah; the size of the fighters heart. In that measure Pacquiao completely overshadows Floyd. Floyd's problem to deal with, he isn't going to be able to run. And no matter how many shoulder roles and slips he attempts he's never faught such fast and plentyfull shots. His size isn't going to help him. He may need to consider coming in even lighter.

Comment

Pacquiao’s swarming style will face a master boxer in Mayweather. People can say what they want and I am no Mayweather fan, but this guy can straight out box. He made a guy like JMM look like a fool. Until beaten Mayweather as hard as it is for me to say is the clear favorite in this match up.

Comment

I know you can agree that Manny is much faster than JMM at this weight AND that JMM is a counter puncher and has a completely different style than Manny, correct?

Comment

As a boxing fan of 25 year's, I have never wanted to see a match happen more then this one. After Manny's beast mode performance against Cotto, and I can't believe I am saying this, me being a ***** and all, but he has a better then a fair chance of beating Mayweather. I still will put all my point's on Floyd, the week of the fight. No doubt about it in my mind.

Comment

what i'm curious to know, more so than how this fight plays out, is the game plan freddie roach would cook up to beat mayweather. that and maybe who he'd bring in for sparring.

Comment

Ive been saying since they started pairing the two of them up, that Mayweather dominates the smaller Pac. After Saturday tho, and the fact Pac can take Cottos punch and keep coming Floyd may be in trouble. Zabs soutpaw stance and speed gave Floyd trouble for a couple rounds add Pacs workrate, 8 punch combos and footwork and Floyd may have his hands full. If I can bet of Floyd as the underdog tho, Im puttin BIG money on him. Pac is great but so is Floyd and if a good bigger man beats a good smaller man then a bigger great man beats a great smaller man.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee1460 View Post
                what i'm curious to know, more so than how this fight plays out, is the game plan freddie roach would cook up to beat mayweather. that and maybe who he'd bring in for sparring.
                Great point. I think Pac's camp did the damn thing, putting him in with the monster's he had to spar with for Cotto. The reason why I picked Cotto, was, I thought his power would eventually wear Pac down. Nope. The thing with Mayweather is, he adapt's. Can he frustrate Manny enough to make a fatal mistake? Man, MAKE THE FIGHT HAPPEN.

Comment

Working...
                X