Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley vs Trinidad, how come it never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley vs Trinidad, how come it never happened?

they share the same era, class weights and also share many same enemies. both foughts ODLH, Vargas, winky and Mayorga.

its really strange, even in the past i think these match-up rarely brought up. surely they are popular enough for fans to buy their PPV clash.

maybe some boxing gurus and historian can enlighten me

Yeah, it's one of those fights that never happened. I don't know why. It would have been a great match given their styles. I got Tito by stoppage in a hard fought fight.

Comment

No window to make the fight happen.

SSM didn't move up to 147 (from 135) til Sept. 1999. Tito had his last fight at 147 in Sept. 1999.

And Tito had his last fight at 154 in Dec. 2000 & SSM didn't move to 154 til 2003 when Tito was in retirement.

Comment

They were supposed to fight in 2004 but Shane ended up losing to Winky Wright twice, therefore, Trinidad ended up fighting Wright instead. I believe it was the 1st Mosley vs Wright fight where Trinidad was in the audience and the stage was being set for the fight by the commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          They were supposed to fight in 2004 but Shane ended up losing to Winky Wright twice, therefore, Trinidad ended up fighting Wright instead. I believe it was the 1st Mosley vs Wright fight where Trinidad was in the audience and the stage was being set for the fight by the commentary.
          So winky is to blame damn him.

Comment

Shane would have beaten Trinidad..

Comment

Trinidad would have beaten Mosley. Styles make fights.

Comment

Doubt tito would of beat shane no cast
                no tito.

Comment

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
                  Doubt tito would of beat shane no cast
                  no tito.
                  Cast is margarito. Btw do u know that the way Trinidad wrapped his hands was legal in every state just not in New York? No Peds doubt Shane would of beat Tito .

Comment

Timing.

Shane had just become the topmwelter, and Tito was crushing guys at jmw, and then middleweight until Hopkins.

Then Tito retired and Shane went to 154.

When Tito returned, he probably would have fought Shane, but Shane had just been schooled twice by winky wright

Then Tito fought winky and got schooled and retired again.

They were never in the same place at the same time

Comment

Working...
                    X