This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Wow... This is without a doubt your best post in this thread so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
      Ahh, here falls the dummy: if you probably had frequented the church as an adult, you'd have had the chance to mature with your Faith.
      But instead you just went to the church because your parents probably compelled you to go, and soon as you've been old enough to choose for yourself, you decided to "break free" from religious constrictions. Isn't that correct?
      Not quite.
      I stopped going because i started to question everything that was being said, and thinking objectively made church pointless.

Look in the previous posts... I said many times that we can't understand scientifically and rationally how God works.
      This is common in physics also: think about electricity: we know that electricity is a form of energy, we know its effects (it produces heat, light, it can hurt if you come in contact with it), but we can't touch electricity, and we sure can't see it. We know it's there because we see its effects. Same goes with God: I know he's there because I've seen His influence on my life.
      Comparing god to our scientific understanding of electricity after saying we cant understand god scientifically wasnt the best example. lol.
      But yea, i get it. U dont understand the God u have chosen to worship.

Well, as I've already said before, the writings always give some good hints to reach salvation.
      The hints are a little too subtle, as is Gods existence, for my liking.

Nobody can answer you if you don't ask. Ask the right questions to the right people and you'll find the answers that you want to find. I'm not a priest, so I can't tell you more than a bit about religion... Ask a preist and he'll tell you, it's his job. Oh, and see to find a good priest, not an assh0le.
      Dont ask an as$hole, i getcha.
      If its one thing that u have made crystal clear, it is that.

My advice to u is u probably shouldnt try engaging with this topic if all u can say is "ask a priest" and " we cannot know God". Ur beliefs contradict ur own religion. lol Ur a poster boy for faith = ignorance.

Comment

• Comment

• http://www.biblegateway.com/resource...ource=8&aid=21

Comment

Nietzsche, huh? Uhm... Fascinating, isn't it? Specially to a young, shy unexperienced man who thinks he's something special that the rest of the world doesn't understand...

I'm sorry to spoil your myths but Nietzsche had severe and well displayed emotional disorders, think about that famous episode where he broke in tears and fainted after watching a horse being whipped... He who said "The weak and ill will have to perish..." poor old Nietzsche...

"Why I Am So Wise?"
            "Why I Am So Clever?"

Uhm... Because you're a lazy self-indulging nerd who does nothing but talk all day long?
            You miserably fail at understanding and appreciating Nietzsche's work. There's a reason why his philosophies are taught in college level philosophy.
            Originally posted by Nick Name View Post

Look in the previous posts... I said many times that we can't understand scientifically and rationally how God works.
            This is common in physics also: think about electricity: we know that electricity is a form of energy, we know its effects (it produces heat, light, it can hurt if you come in contact with it), but we can't touch electricity, and we sure can't see it. We know it's there because we see its effects. Same goes with God: I know he's there because I've seen His influence on my life.

Again, I must comment on this, you continuously try to bring science into this, yet when your scientific argument is broken down, you simply say "God cannot be understood by science" or "I'm not a scientist"

Then, don't use a scientific argument. We can very much touch electricity. I don't know about in your definition of touching but, when you get shocked by static or anything of the like, the electricity is TOUCHING you, you're making CONTACT with it, thats why you get shocked.... it gets transferred throughout your body.... And we can only not "SEE" electricity because our naked eyes cannot begin to see atoms-- let alone the electrons. We CAN detect it however, and we are starting to come out with scopes that can barely see atoms.

Now, you brought a similar argument some pages ago, when I told you it was wrong, you said: I'm not a scientist, I admit, I was wrong. I thought that was the end of it, yet you continuously do this.

You can argue how you want in favor of your religion, but don't bring science into it, as you seem to be horribly misinformed.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Not quite.
              I stopped going because i started to question everything that was being said, and thinking objectively made church pointless.
              Sure... "Objectively"... Like "I objectively want to f()ck at least two women per week and there's no objective reason I should'n do that?" eheheh

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              Comparing god to our scientific understanding of electricity after saying we cant understand god scientifically wasnt the best example. lol.
              But yea, i get it. U dont understand the God u have chosen to worship.
              That's right. I'm not that haughty. I can be very proud and stupid at times, but not at the point to lose my faith.

Anyway that was a paradox: God isn't the only thing that we know is there, we relate to every day, yet we cannot touch or see fully understand.

The hints are a little too subtle, as is Gods existence, for my liking.
              Too subtle for your liking or too strict for your self-indulgence...?

Dont ask an as$hole, i getcha.
              If its one thing that u have made crystal clear, it is that.

My advice to u is u probably shouldnt try engaging with this topic if all u can say is "ask a priest" and " we cannot know God". Ur beliefs contradict ur own religion. lol Ur a poster boy for faith = ignorance.
              Thanks for your wise advice, but my beliefs do not contradict my religion at all: in fact, in the Bible it's written: “My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" - declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55,8)

Sorry for spoiling you again... I'm a frustrating little brat am I?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kastrioti View Post
                You miserably fail at understanding and appreciating Nietzsche's work. There's a reason why his philosophies are taught in college level philosophy.

Again, I must comment on this, you continuously try to bring science into this, yet when your scientific argument is broken down, you simply say "God cannot be understood by science" or "I'm not a scientist"

Then, don't use a scientific argument. We can very much touch electricity. I don't know about in your definition of touching but, when you get shocked by static or anything of the like, the electricity is TOUCHING you, you're making CONTACT with it, thats why you get shocked.... it gets transferred throughout your body.... And we can only not "SEE" electricity because our naked eyes cannot begin to see atoms-- let alone the electrons. We CAN detect it however, and we are starting to come out with scopes that can barely see atoms.

Now, you brought a similar argument some pages ago, when I told you it was wrong, you said: I'm not a scientist, I admit, I was wrong. I thought that was the end of it, yet you continuously do this.

You can argue how you want in favor of your religion, but don't bring science into it, as you seem to be horribly misinformed.
                Aaaalright buddy... You're my mighty internet helper. You always pop out when I'm failing and in need. You're my personal Master Yoda and I'm your Luke Skywalker.

Comment

• Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.

Comment

Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.
                    You're welcome to use science in your argument if you can, no one stops you, just bring forth a good argument and....know the field you're talking about lol.

Comment

Sorry for the sarcasm, Kastrioti. I'll seriously take your advice for good not to mix faith with science.
                      You're probably better off not arguing at all. You've basically made a dog's breakfast out of every rhetorical flourish you have attempted. Every argument has gone like this:

You: God exists because there are things in science we don't know!

Me: That's a meaningless statement, you could say that fairies exist because there are things in science we don't know. Or unicorns. Or goblins. Or giant alligators.

You: God is unknowable! Victory is mine!

Comment

Working...
                      X