Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Khan upset win over Crawford erase all his boxing sins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a Khan upset win over Crawford erase all his boxing sins?

Topic????????
    Yes!
    50.00%
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    37.50%
    I would gain much more respect for him, but would not forgive/forget his loses!
    12.50%

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
    Topic????????
    I got here too late for the poll but my answer is no. A boxer is judged by all the fights they have in or near their prime years good and bad. Khan is already past his prime. A surprise win over Crawford does not erase his defeats and his poor performances in some fights that he won. His lost to Canelo is forgivable because he gave up 8 pounds to a great fighter.

Comment

What are Khan's sins? Having a weak chin? I suppose it could be blasphemy because his chin could be seen as making a mockery out of God, as if he'd create something so fragile.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I got here too late for the poll but my answer is no. A boxer is judged by all the fights they have in or near their prime years good and bad. Khan is already past his prime. A surprise win over Crawford does not erase his defeats and his poor performances in some fights that he won. His lost to Canelo is forgivable because he gave up 8 pounds to a great fighter.

Pretty sure he gave up wayyy more than 8lbs to Canelo on fight night.

Comment

Boxing fans never absolve your sins brother lol.

But no you can't erase the past with a W. Specifically when you've been dramatically knocked around like Khan has. Khan's story is his story, good, bad & indifferent from beginning to end. And sh^t man Khan is among the best guys in any division he's fought at its not like there is THAT much one should forget from Khan's past.

If the most glaring omission from Khan's accomplishments are never being the clear #1 guy in a division he's merely failed at being in the top 1% of the top 1%.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Boxing fans never absolve your sins brother lol.

But no you can't erase the past with a W. Specifically when you've been dramatically knocked around like Khan has. Khan's story is his story, good, bad & indifferent from beginning to end. And sh^t man Khan is among the best guys in any division he's fought at its not like there is THAT much one should forget from Khan's past.

If the most glaring omission from Khan's accomplishments are never being the clear #1 guy in a division he's merely failed at being in the top 1% of the top 1%.
            quality stuff man

Comment

did you steal my comment from the other thread?

I said a win would erase Khan's boxing sins lol

Comment

well crawfords many peoples p4p number 1 so by that standard its the best win any fighter in the sport would have. you cant just erase the past losses but having that sort of win on your resume detracts from them

Comment

Working...
                X