Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Mike Tyson vs Prime Joe Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson by KO. Frazier was kind of small for a HW, 205-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Yet, he didnt beat Holyfield or Douglas.
      That's my point. We have to mentally separate the mythical destroyer that was imprinted on our brains when he was annihilating guys like Spinks from the actual Mike Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        1- Joe Louis
        2- Sonny Liston
        3- Lennox Lewis
        4- Jack Dempsey
        5- Evander Holyfield
        6- Mike Tyson
        7- Rocky Marciano
        8- Ali
        9- Larry Holmes
        10- Joe Frazier

The way I rank them doesn't mean that a guy ranked higher beats a guy below him. Louis wouldn't beat Liston, and Marciano would not beat he three ranked below him.

Good list man. All those guys are great. It's interesting. I know it's subjective, but interesting. I respect everyone's list.

And I hear you. They're ranked on career achievement. I wouldn't say Rocky Marciano beats Lennox Lewis or Mike Tyson. Absolutely.

Here's my top 10 Heavyweights of All Time:

1. Muhammad Ali
        2. Joe Louis
        3. Rocky Marciano
        4. Jack Dempsey
        5. George Foreman
        6. Joe Frazier
        7. Larry Holmes
        8. Lennox Lewis
        9. Evander Holyfield
        10. Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          1- Joe Louis
          2- Sonny Liston
          3- Lennox Lewis
          4- Jack Dempsey
          5- Evander Holyfield
          6- Mike Tyson
          7- Rocky Marciano
          8- Ali
          9- Larry Holmes
          10- Joe Frazier

The way I rank them doesn't mean that a guy ranked higher beats a guy below him. Louis wouldn't beat Liston, and Marciano would not beat he three ranked below him.

No Foreman?

I know it's not how you rank them but George brutally KOs most of that list.

Comment

Originally posted by APryor View Post
            No Foreman?

I know it's not how you rank them but George brutally KOs most of that list.
            I can make an argument for or against Foreman. Foreman was such a big HW for the era, but he was limited. I'm actually more impressed with what he did in the second half of his career after the comeback. That's where his stock rises. Although he KO'd Frazier twice, Frazier had a stronger resume against guys his own size or even larger.

If we go with who can KO the guys on the list, then using that criteria alone I have to put Ernie Shavers somewhere at the top of the list. Solid HW, but very inconsistent and doesn't really belong on an ATG HW list even though he could probably KO most of the guys on that list on any given night. I always felt he was robbed versus Ali and one of the few guys who could drop Holmes in his prime.

Comment

The great frazier takes apart the stiff, 2 round bodybuilder starting almost immediately....tyson was a dangerous puncher but just too limited

Comment

Honestly Frazier has less chance then he did with Foreman as Tyson is himself a type of swarmer who does it better . Frazier doesn’t connect much ,he was able to land on Foreman with open defense but ?Mike was built around defense counter punching .

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Tyson by KO. Frazier was kind of small for a HW, 205-10.
                  They where pretty much the same size, Joe Frazier would train down his weight 'As he competed in a era, where EVEN heavyweights prided themselves of weighing in LIGHT'

Mike Tyson would still win this fight.

Comment

Mike Tyson easily

Comment

frazier, late. or on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X