No announcement yet.

How do you beat tall leaners in FNR4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you beat tall leaners in FNR4

These guys are tall with long reach, they sit against the ropes and lean back, you can only hit them with a jab or a straight if you're angled right on them... Some of these guys are easy to beat, but some have really mastered this, how do you beat the good ones,

I usually throw some hooks uppers to the body then straights to the face till they come out of their shell, but thats not good enough, they're still comming back and beating me in the end, i'm losing the rounds on them as well, is it cause they're usually blocking the body shots, or wtf?

Just fought one dude "klitscho" all he did was lean and haymaker, ended up getting me in round 8 or 9, he won all but the first round

these guys are annoying, but they have to be beatable, how do i do it and with what kind of fighter?

counter punches man its the easiest thing in the world to avoid the haymakers

what i hate is when people create those 8 foot giants and then all they do is throw a billion body shots to kill your stamina. i usually pick small fighters and they kill me with that

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
      counter punches man its the easiest thing in the world to avoid the haymakers

what i hate is when people create those 8 foot giants and then all they do is throw a billion body shots to kill your stamina. i usually pick small fighters and they kill me with that
      That was sort of his strategy, to lean back, throw a bunch of straights to the body, lean back, then throw some haymakers...

what was driving me nuts was i was outworking and outlanding him, but they kept giving him the rounds... he did have a significantly higher percentage though, that may have had something to do with it...

Comment

If you throw the straight right over and over WHILE holding the stick forward (moving towards the opponent) you will land. They can't evade that punch while leaning back.

Start doing that and mixing up your attack, when you know you won the round make 'em come to you and counterpunch to the body and head.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
          If you throw the straight right over and over WHILE holding the stick forward (moving towards the opponent) you will land. They can't evade that punch while leaning back.

Start doing that and mixing up your attack, when you know you won the round make 'em come to you and counterpunch to the body and head.
          That might be what i'm doing wrong, when i start landing and get head in the round, i keep going, and drain my stamina...

I just lost to another of these ****ers last night, what kills me though is i thought i had rounds 1-5 in the bag, and tried to win another round for good measure late.

i had won only 1 round (all three judges didn't give it to me) and got 1 of the judges to give me 3 rounds, but the others only gave me 1

landed 550 out of 1000 plus shots

he landed 380 out of 600

i got pwned by decision.

generally i try to step forward and to the left or the right depending on my lead hand, maybe i should just keep pushing forward...

i'll run into another one, but im thinking of switching up to a long reach guy so i can at least hit these dudes.

Comment

I only really play World Championship mode though, it's much more balanced. Try throwing haymakers to the body, you have to know how to time it though. If you want send me a FR if your on 360: MikeBrew328. I use a 5'11 guy for MW and 6'1 guy for HW.... I'll use a tall guy and lean so you can practice though if you're online sometime. I personally have no prob with the tall guys.

Comment

Working...
            X