No announcement yet.

Why can't Muslims have dogs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Muslims have dogs?

I heard this recently. I'm not a Muslim myself, just wondering.

That would be considered slavery.

Comment

Muslims can own dogs, but only for certain reasons such as: Hunting, Police work, guide dogs, plus other reasons I dont know.............................................. ........................

Comment

they cant have dogs but they can stone you to death

Comment

Been reading a bit about it.

I guess it's cause they're unclean and impure. I think they also believe that angels do not enter any house with a dog in it? Any Muslims out there that can confirm this?

Anyways, I love my dog, couldn't imagine never owning one. But hey, if that's what they believe, it's all good. To each his own.

Comment

dogs cant own dogs i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post

I guess it's cause they're unclean and impure. I think they also believe that angels do not enter any house with a dog in it? Any Muslims out there that can confirm this?

Anyways, I love my dog, couldn't imagine never owning one. But hey, if that's what they believe, it's all good. To each his own.
              Who the Muslims or the dogs?............................................. ..............j/k

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post

My family is part Turkish. When I visited the Middle East (not Turkey), they used dogs to hunt for sport. some greyhound-type dogs.

The Qur'an speaks of dogs and it says that owning dogs as pets are haram*. I, however, have a dog. He is in my profile pic.

*That is one of the reasons that I look down at Asians. They actually eat dogs. That is savagery.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                  My family is part Turkish. When I visited the Middle East (not Turkey), they used dogs to hunt for sport. some greyhound-type dogs.

The Qur'an speaks of dogs and it says that owning dogs as pets are haram*. I, however, have a dog. He is in my profile pic.

*That is one of the reasons that I look down at Asians. They actually eat dogs. That is savagery.
                  Yeah.............there's not really a good reason to be racist.

Comment

The Infidels and the way they ran their prison has contributed to increased hatred of dogs. They used dogs at Abu Ghraib to intimidate and violate the prisoners.

Comment

Working...
                    X