No announcement yet.

Is boxing ghetto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is boxing ghetto?

Man you know how boxing is seen as a sport where people from the projects become awesome fighters. Man I asked my gym how much it is and it's 400$ a year. I live in pretty much the ghetto and so is the gym I'm located in. I trained there for a year I was able to pay that when I had a job now I got no job and no money. How do they expect young people to join. Most people that train there are little kids or middle aged folks who are ballin btw. It's so hard to find a job and if I sold my xbox 360 I'd only have half to pay for it. Is there any places that are cheaper where I can compete in amature. I asked my gym if I get a discount since I compete amature for them and they said no.
    Can you compete in ymca boxing or anything like that.

It sucks if I have a job I have no time for boxing.
    If I don't have a job I have no money for boxing.
    Plus my parents aren't gonna dish out 400$ for me to go box I already asked em.

Originally posted by pyrovampx View Post
    Man you know how boxing is seen as a sport where people from the projects become awesome fighters. Man I asked my gym how much it is and it's 400$ a year. I live in pretty much the ghetto and so is the gym I'm located in. I trained there for a year I was able to pay that when I had a job now I got no job and no money. How do they expect young people to join. Most people that train there are little kids or middle aged folks who are ballin btw. It's so hard to find a job and if I sold my xbox 360 I'd only have half to pay for it. Is there any places that are cheaper where I can compete in amature. I asked my gym if I get a discount since I compete amature for them and they said no.
    Can you compete in ymca boxing or anything like that.

It sucks if I have a job I have no time for boxing.
    If I don't have a job I have no money for boxing.
    Plus my parents aren't gonna dish out 400$ for me to go box I already asked em.
    is'nt that a song?

Comment

whenever i dont have the money to pay the gyms monthly dues I just go to the Boys n Girls Club boxing gym. Depending on your age they will let you in for free or they might charge you a little. There have been a lot of prospects, contenders, and champions that trained with our local boys n girls club

Comment

i think you'll have to pay damn near wherever you go...unless it's just an open gym...but those seem to be rare...when i was in training...our gym was $15 a month...but damn near no one paid...the coach didn't really care anyway...as long as you were there to learn something...he did it for free...

Comment

u should probably invest ur money on some good english classes instead

Comment

yea its bs now..its 80 a month at my gym

gyms should be dirt cheap..I have hardly any money either

Comment

mines $40 a month... when im broke i just train at home then come back when i got money again.

Comment

80 a month fuuuuck that

Comment

yea 80 a month is rediculous.

Comment

180 a month here. Did the $50 a month at someone's basement, but the coach didn't have mitts to work with. Probably start doing that again next month cause times are tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X