No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Andre Ward, Chad Dawson Both Come in at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: Andre Ward, Chad Dawson Both Come in at 168

Oakland, California - The weights are in for tomorrow's big doubleheader. WBA/WBC super middleweight champion Andre Ward (25-0, 13KOs) weighed in at the 168 limit, while challenger Chad Dawson (31-1, 17KOs) was also 168-pounds on the nose. Dawson is the current WBC champion at light heavyweight and chose to move down to 168 to challenge Ward for his titles. Both fighters looked in great shape.

[Click Here To Read More]

Dawson looked gd at the weight and he still looked like the bigger man, this should a good fight.... I think Dawson will pull it off. Go Dawson

Comment

I just saw it and those who made big deals about "Chad coming down" in weight. Chad looked MUCH more solid than Ward at the weigh in.

When Boxingscene post the video you'll see.

Comment

I respect Gary Shaw, as a promoter. But, I swear he always feels the need to angrily defend his fighter like a father. In one sense, you could say that shows he cares about them, but in another sense, he's sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and acting like he doesn't have confidence in his fighter to stand up for himself.

Comment

Dawson looked a lot thicker than Ward. And you have to expect that he'll put on another 10 pounds or so between now and fight time.

No excuses.

Comment

Ward looked perfect, Dawson looked obviously drained

Comment

Chad Dawson looked healthy at 168.

Looks like we got a fair fight on our hands gentleman.

Full credit to the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
                I respect Gary Shaw, as a promoter. But, I swear he always feels the need to angrily defend his fighter like a father. In one sense, you could say that shows he cares about them, but in another sense, he's sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, and acting like he doesn't have confidence in his fighter to stand up for himself.
                Yeah and he always wears those track suits, but he was probably 16 the last time he had to run.

Comment

Originally posted by marzblkman View Post
                  I just saw it and those who made big deals about "Chad coming down" in weight. Chad looked MUCH more solid than Ward at the weigh in.

When Boxingscene post the video you'll see.
                  More "solid"? How so? They were both in good shape. Ward has a completely different body structure and build. He doesn't have a ripped physique in the sense that Dawson does, he's more lean. He's ALWAYS looked like that at weigh ins, always. Whereas with Dawson, he has more of a muscular ripped physique, everyone knows this. I thought Dawson looked in physically good shape, but he looked VERY dry as well, I picked up on that right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Ward looked perfect, Dawson looked obviously drained
                    lol. Why you trollin?

Comment

Working...
                    X