Is there going to be a NBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there going to be a NBA

This year?

and who is right the coaches or the players? Who you got in this one?

There's gonna be games cut, but I think the season is gonna start after Christmas holidays.

Comment

Probably but it's going to be messed up with teams having a mini training camp and alot of trades happening fast.

I am probably one of the few that think the owners have a legitimate gripe. How often do employees make more than the business owner.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Probably but it's going to be messed up with teams having a mini training camp and alot of trades happening fast.

I am probably one of the few that think the owners have a legitimate gripe. How often do employees make more than the business owner.
        It never happens(in regards to employees making more), but the NBA is a bit different. Compared to any other American sport, NBA players are the most identified athletes. They don't wear bulky uniforms and they don't wear helmets. The NBA is a sport that is driven by the individual, not the team and people shell out good money to see the stars. In most leagues, I'd say the Owners deserve more but when it comes to the NBA I think it should be slightly more for players.

Then again the league is peeking and more than half the teams lost money. Without the teams, there are no players. They should really just take the 50/50 split.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          It never happens(in regards to employees making more), but the NBA is a bit different. Compared to any other American sport, NBA players are the most identified athletes. They don't wear bulky uniforms and they don't wear helmets. The NBA is a sport that is driven by the individual, not the team and people shell out good money to see the stars. In most leagues, I'd say the Owners deserve more but when it comes to the NBA I think it should be slightly more for players.

Then again the league is peeking and more than half the teams lost money. Without the teams, there are no players. They should really just take the 50/50 split.
          That sounds fair.
          I try to look at it like a business. Say McDonalds for example. The people come for the food and if all the employees walked out the business would close because people couldn't get what they wanted. The employees don't get half the money coming in because the owner has to pay the rent and utilities. The NBA owners pay the mortgage, for the airconditioning, the maintenance, the physcal trainers and every other expense there is. The players who presently make more than 50% have to pay for nothing. Maybe there's alot more to it than what I'm seeing.
          Last edited by TBear; 10-29-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Yea but the owners are trying to make teams more balanced cap wise. And not having failed contracts like Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas.

Comment

Working...
            X