No announcement yet.

How did you have DLH vs Trinidad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you have DLH vs Trinidad.

I watched this fight again today, first time in years. After watching this i ask myself 'How on earth could anyone think Trinidad deserved the win?'. Oscar Dominated and exposed the *****s in Tito's armour... and i don't care if Oscar coasted for the last rounds and essentially stopped fighting, people are blinded by this and fail to realise that Oscar clearly outpointed Tito and thus deserved the decision. IMHO Oscar gave Tito a lesson in ringcraft and was clearly robbed.

I expect and welcome heated responses from Oscar haters. So who did you have winning the fight? Whilst your at it who did you have winning oscar-mosely II.
    Last edited by Heckler; 06-04-2006, 07:25 AM.

I haven't seen the fight in quite a while,but I remember thinking the same thing as you.Even though Oscar gave away the last few rounds,it was still a clear victory for him.

Comment

Oscar dominated most of the rounds and proved he was the better boxer. But it was a big mistake..running the last few rounds

Because the fight actually became a little close, but i had Oscar winning a UD. The judges just felt that TITO WORKED HARDER AND DESERVED THE WIN. They just didnt like Oscar's performance in the end.

Comment

I think it was Tito by a landslide. LOL!

Comment

lol... i hope that was a joke. The judges were probably blinded by the fact that Delahoya slacked off.. Tito appearing the aggressor and the harder working fighter.

Comment

I haven't seen the fight in years either but I remember thinking DLH won the fight, not by a huge margin but not a questionable decision.

Comment

I usually have it either 8-4, or 7-5. One of the biggest robberies ever. DLH-haters always say, "DLH ran like a *****, how could he win?"

Yes, he ran, in rounds 10, 11 and 12!! Nobody can win a fight in 3 rounds! And even in those rounds, Tito still did nothing!!! He just cruised around looking like an amateur next to Oscar. Oscar may have stayed away the last couple of rounds, but he schooled Tito for 2 thirds of it.

Comment

I watch the fight every now and again (i have it on DVD). I am a big Trinidad fan, but im also a big boxing fan. The first time I saw the fight, I too thought De-la hoya won. Having said that, everytime i watch the fight, and I try to not be biased, I have it at a draw. Would De-la hoya have won if he kept fighting, yes. But he didnt. What I dont understand is how one of the judges gave De-la hoya the final round. He didnt even throw a punch! That, and the fact that De-la hoya chose not to fight the championship rounds convinces me that the fight was rigged.

Comment

DLH won 1,2,3,6,7,8 Tito won 4,5,9,10,11,12 hence 114-114, round 9 could have gone either way.

DLH did not fight like a true champion in the Championship rounds. But IMO he deserved a Draw.

Tito offered Tito a rematch 6 times, DLH never accepted......

Comment

I think that DLH won early to mid, and basically ran away later on. I dunno...I think he should have won. I also think that Ali beat Frazier in their first fight, but Frazier's heart and stamina won the judges over...I could be nuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X