Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holyfield VS Haye at Cruiserweight: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield VS Haye at Cruiserweight: who wins?

Who gets the fight IYO? Holyfield decision? Haye knockout?

I am split down the middle TBH. People might knock Haye, but he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champ. Those same knockers might point out Holyfields HW legacy to stake a claim for his victory at Cruiserweight.

But this is only cruiserweight, not heavyweight.

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
    Who gets the fight IYO? Holyfield decision? Haye knockout?

I am split down the middle TBH. People might knock Haye, but he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champ. Those same knockers might point out Holyfields HW legacy to stake a claim for his victory at Cruiserweight.

But this is only cruiserweight, not heavyweight.
    Holyfield was the best cruiserweight ever (counting only those who actually competed in that weight class). The only question here is whether Haye gets KO'd or goes into survival mode to lose almost every round.

Comment

Holyfield whips him relatively easy. Haye doesn't have the mental make-up to ever overcome an obstacle such as Holyfield.

If Haye thinks going into it that he's going to knock the man over with a single shot (as he tended to in his cruiserweight fights) or that he can run away from him and wish to keep the pace of the fight somewhere between 10 to 20 punches a round (as he does as a heavyweight), he would be completely wrong.

Holyfield would grind him down. There's just nothing to make me think different.

Evander is the undisputed king of the cruisers, and will remain so for a very long time with the division as it is.
      Last edited by TheGreatA; 07-07-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Haye would have no chance not even a punchers chance.

Comment

But would Haye's power not trouble Holyfield?

To say it couldn't be a big factor in the fight would be naive. Haye could hit like a bull at cruiserweight, I doubt Evander fought anyone in his cruiserweight days who hit as hard as Haye.

(I didn't say in the above Haye would win, I was just pointing out his pluses.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            Holyfield whips him relatively easy. Haye doesn't have the mental make-up to ever overcome an obstacle such as Holyfield.

If Haye thinks going into it that he's going to knock the man over with a single shot (as he tended to in his cruiserweight fights) 1) or that he can run away from him and wish to keep the pace of the fight somewhere between 10 to 20 punches a round (as he does as a heavyweight), he would be completely wrong.

Holyfield would grind him down. There's just nothing to make me think different.

2)Evander is the undisputed king of the cruisers, and will remain so for a very long time with the division as it is.
            1)But this is completely at cruiserweight, everything about both fighters fights at heavyweight is not to be took into consideration.

2)I know when people make statements like this they consciously or unconsciously take his reign at heavyweight into account. But imagine that Holyfield never moved up to Heavyweight, and that he stayed at cruiserweight. Would you make the same statement. His heavyweight reign is superb, but try to think like he never fought at heavyweight at all, which it was I am basing this fantasy fight on. Both of them at cruiserweight, before they ever fought at heavy.

Comment

1)But this is completely at cruiserweight, everything about both fighters fights at heavyweight is not to be took into consideration.

2)I know when people make statements like this they consciously or unconsciously take his reign at heavyweight into account. But imagine that Holyfield never moved up to Heavyweight, and that he stayed at cruiserweight. Would you make the same statement. His heavyweight reign is superb, but try to think like he never fought at heavyweight at all, which it was I am basing this fantasy fight on. Both of them at cruiserweight, before they ever fought at heavy.
              1). Great A was taking into account that Haye can fight in 2 different styles, unless you're taking away one of them styles just becuase he used it at heavyweight when he could of used it at Cruiser as well ?

2). Holyfield is clearly the undisputed king of Cruiserweights completely ignoring his Heavyweight caeer, how could you argue otherwise ?.
              The other 2 'best' boxers at cruiserweiht are Dwight Qawi and Carlos De Leon and Holyfield beat both of them, what other Cruiser weight can say they proved themselves against such great boxers who proved they were great at that weight ?, certaintly not Haye. Holyfield too me is the Supermiddle Roy Jones of the Cruiserweight, a super talent in a very young division, no one imo would be able too beat a prime version of either of them in their young weight classes, (Put Roy in Light Heavy or Holyfield in Heavy and it's obviously another story).

People might knock Haye, but he was the undisputed Cruiserweight champ.
              He lost to Carl Thompson because he blew his load early and gassed, do you think he has the engine to beat a power house like Holyfield ?.

Comment

I wouldn't use Haye's lost to Carl Thompson as a yardstick at all, he was young then. The Haye i'd put into this fight would be the Haye the defeated Maccarinelli.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Holyfield was the best cruiserweight ever (counting only those who actually competed in that weight class). The only question here is whether Haye gets KO'd or goes into survival mode to lose almost every round.
                  ^^^^^ This is it right here. If Haye comes to fight he gets beaten up and KTFO in the mid-rounds. If he runs then he loses a lopsided decision.

Poet

Comment

But would Haye's power not trouble Holyfield?
                    How much trouble did Holyfield have with Tyson's power? Tyson's punching power >>>>>>>>>> Hayes punching power and it isn't remotely close. And for the record, the version of Tyson that Holyfield KOed would KTFO Haye too.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X