No announcement yet.

Kellerman Disrespectful Stunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellerman Disrespectful Stunt

I don't try to hide it, but I can't stand Max Kellerman. I think he is a blow hard, know-it-all, who tries to monopolize the entire broadcast. Not one boxer, trainer, or announcer likes him or respects him. Now that being said what he did tonight is one of the reasons no one likes him.

This was Larry Merchant's night as one of the commentators and for Max Kellerman to text Jim Lampley in the middle of the broadcast to give his 2 cents worth opinion on who is the top fighters of the world are was out of line. As if his opinion is gospel. For him to inject himself in tonight's broadcast when he was not asked to nor was he part of tonight's announce team just shows what a self centered egotist he is. This was very disrespectful to Merchant who never interferes when its Kellerman's turn to announce a fight.

I think Larry Merchant took offense to this, as he should, when he said something like, Kellerman's list is the official list, and he laughed in a sarcastic tone (forgive me but I forgot the exact words he used).

HBO PLEASE FIRE KELLERMAN!
    Last edited by jbp23; 03-18-2012, 12:42 AM.

I like kellerman,...they should fire Merchant

Comment

Originally posted by jbp23 View Post
      I don't try to hide it, but I can't stand Max Kellerman. I think he is a blow hard, know-it-all, who tries to monopolize the entire broadcast. Not one boxer, trainer, or announcer likes him or respects him. Now that being said what he did tonight is one of the reasons no one likes him.

This was Larry Merchant's night as one of the commentators and for Max Kellerman to text Jim Lampley in the middle of the broadcast to give his 2 cents worth opinion on who is the top fighters of the world are was out of line. As if his opinion is gospel. For him to inject himself in tonight's broadcast when he was not asked to nor was he part of tonight's announce team just shows what a self centered egotist he is. This was very disrespectful to Merchant who never interferes when its Kellerman's turn to announce a fight.

I think Larry Merchant took offense to this, as he should, when he said something like, Kellerman's list is the official list, and he laughed in a sarcastic tone (forgive me but I forgot the exact words he used).

HBO PLEASE FIRE KELLERMAN!
      People don't realize Max is apart of the WBHA, the youngest member. His opinion actually holds a lot of weight, and is why it's sought after.

I see where you are coming from, but it was IMO nothing compared to the amount of drunken hatred Merchant showed tonight or any other night for fighters. He's annoying.

Comment

Not sure if you're serious.

Do you think when he texted Jim he made sure to add "please read this text out loud on the broadcast?" Is it possible dude is just a boxing fan and texted one of his friends, also a commentator, during a fight he was watching? smh

Comment

Originally posted by bMak View Post
          Not sure if you're serious.

Do you think when he texted Jim he made sure to add "please read this text out loud on the broadcast?" Is it possible dude is just a boxing fan and texted one of his friends, also a commentator, during a fight he was watching? smh
          Yeah have to agree here, he didn't force anybody to read what he texted lol, since when is sending somebody a text an egotistical move?

Comment

I like Kellerman. I don't like Larry.

Comment

How is it his fault? Lampley was the one who decided to share the text to the world.

Comment

Max knows his *****...people hate on him because he tells ***** like it is. I dont agree with everything he says at times , but im smart enough to know this man knows boxing. And hes studied so much history and keeps up with it religiously! Like him or not hes an expert at what he does. What people want is someone they can relate too and agrees with everything they say. It dont happen in the real world. Atlas Merchant Kellerman Bert Sugar Steward Bernstein...just to name a few....They are doing their job and if these mulit- billon dollar networks had better theyd already be on it. theyre the best in the business , so dont hate on their job! We dont always see eye to eye so dont be such a whinny little girl and hate on commentators. Hate on ***** fighters that black the eye of this sport. Im done with my rant!

Comment

Don't think there was anything really wrong with that.

Saying that though, people who think Max is any good must've forgot. His stock has risen just from not being part of the last few broadcasts but make no mistake - he is absolutely terrible. Worse than Larry.

Comment

Sometimes he is biased but he does call fighters out on a lot of **** so for me it is kinda mixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X