Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Americans always over hype their fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Americans always over hype their fighters?

I remember on the HBO broadcast of Khan vs Maidana they was bigging up Bradley-Alexander as some kinda of mega fight with both being better than Khan and Maidana, haha.

Anyone with any sense knew both of these guys were overhyped and overrated.

Comment

uk does it too with calzaghe,hatton,khan and pu$$y haye

Comment

Im True Blue American of Mexican descent but let me speak FACT. Its the media from ALL parts of the world that hype certain fighters, its all subjective to what style of fighting you personally like. so stop your b.s. and try to look at things with an objective mind. I dunno Alexander didnt fight with any notion of going and taking it. I give credit to Bradley for at least looking to fight moving forward. i think Khan and Maidana are right now the best at 140.

But then again i am no fighters fan boy

Im a fanboy of the sport

Comment

Every fighter receives hype that isn't deserved. The hype is around the expectation.

Same thing happened with Calzaghe before he TRULY tested himself with Lacy. Same thing happened with Hatton before he faced Kostya. Same thing is happening with DeGale and Fury. One of which is an atrocious boxer.

So, educate yourself on what's happening and save that weak, American-bashing horse ****.
          Last edited by THe TRiNiTY; 01-29-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            I remember on the HBO broadcast of Khan vs Maidana they was bigging up Bradley-Alexander as some kinda of mega fight with both being better than Khan and Maidana, haha.
            Khan is not the star that you (or he) imagine(s) him(self) to be. He will be KO'd in his next real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
              Khan is not the star that you (or he) imagine(s) him(self) to be. He will be KO'd in his next real fight.
              You sound bitter because America has marketed Bradley as a superstar whilst I have a real one who wins Olympic medals and fight of the year on my doorstep.

Comment

all hail the next great british world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  Why do UK fighters hype up their fighters, only to see them get KTFO? AKA Ricky Hatton, Amir Khan. Answer: It's hype, they're trying to sell tickets and get you to watch their product.

Comment

I really don't understand how Hatton was all that popular to begin with either.

Comment

Working...
                    X